Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Transfer HBC?

Posted by EndlessChaos 
Transfer HBC?
March 27, 2009 04:07AM
Someone just told me you can send someone the HBC file from your SD so that person doesnt have to run the Twighlight hack. Is this true?
Re: Transfer HBC?
March 27, 2009 04:11AM
March 27, 2009 04:13AM
=( Theres no hope, I just have to wait it out till a new hack is released
March 27, 2009 04:17AM
Yeah Team Twiizers will come up with something
March 27, 2009 04:24AM
because the topic says transfer HBC, I thought you meant with the new SDcard channel thing.

So, can that be done? Can you transfer the HBC to run from the SD card?
March 27, 2009 04:32AM
Yes, from what I've heard, if you have the HBC you can run it from the new SD Menu (which looks pretty cool btw) but the HBC has to be on your system also. If you delete it from NAND it will not run from the SD Menu. (It kinda defeats the purpose...)
March 27, 2009 04:43AM
bg4545
Yes, from what I've heard, if you have the HBC you can run it from the new SD Menu (which looks pretty cool btw) but the HBC has to be on your system also. If you delete it from NAND it will not run from the SD Menu. (It kinda defeats the purpose...)
haha, yeah, so what would the point be? Can you take the SD card with you to a friend's and run the games? (not copy them to his)
March 27, 2009 04:48AM
DrLucky
haha, yeah, so what would the point be? Can you take the SD card with you to a friend's and run the games? (not copy them to his)
That's a good question... I really don't know
March 27, 2009 01:07PM
bg4545
DrLucky
That's a good question... I really don't know

it would be a cool feature, cause we can bring our Wii games discs with us, why not our VC games.
March 27, 2009 03:13PM
The HBS is installed as a channel on the Wii, it then try to load the content of the apps directory on a sd card.

That means that if the HBC is installed on your wii and an the wii of your friend you can go with your SD card to show him the apps on your sd card, but the HBC needs to be already installed on his wii.

VC games and Wiiware are signed to only run on the Wii where they where first bought/downloaded, allowing them to run on another console would be a too easy way to have them copyied.

Bruno
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login