Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help installing zelda hack

Posted by intruda 
need help installing zelda hack
March 29, 2009 09:29AM
Ive been working on this on and off for 6 hours. After reading numerous files and following them all step by step, i still cant figure this out.
My Wii version is 3.3u and ive tried every single step. My files include apps, wad, private, boot.elf, boot.dol, elf and homebrew channel.
Putting the sd card in the wii, i copy over the usa save file.
Put the Zelda disc in and loaded twilighthack0, after loading I approached the guy and talked.
The game crashes and it ask me to accept the terms and I accept 2 times.
Then it warms me that my version is 353(v22 usa) and the homebrew channel is only tested till 290(v18) and ask to accept
I press accept and it gives me an error code-

installing ticket....
es_addticket failed...-2011
installation failed

Ive tried 5 different sandisk sd cards, 1-128mb, 2-512mb, and 2-2gb and they all give the same error. Ive tried FAT. FAT16, FAT32 and NTSC and same results.

Please help, I know its something simple.
Re: need help installing zelda hack
March 29, 2009 10:43AM
Try following this guide. Start over from the beginning and re-download all the necessary files.
March 30, 2009 02:18AM
I get the same problem. Can you post your solution if you are able to get it to work? This is very confusing to me as well.

I was thinking I might have chosen the wrong hack saved game... but I double checked my version of zelda and they match.

Thanks in advance
March 30, 2009 03:18AM
i installed the two files from this website and made sure the boot.elf and boot.dol appeared on my sd card. i installed another zelda pack from wiiso website from ninagarndner tuturial. Alot of these guides are outdated or something, but as soon as i gather info from here and wiiso, i was able to get it to install.
March 30, 2009 04:22AM
If I might ask you a question, you see other items on SD card interface (on wii) other than the 3 twighlight saved games?
March 30, 2009 01:26PM
make sure you do not have anything plugged into any of the Gamecube slots...either remotes or memory cards...
March 31, 2009 01:02AM
I don't have any remotes or gamecube cards. The only thing I have is the wii remotes and sd card in front slot.

My wii console was purchased new in January 2009. Is that a problem?
March 31, 2009 02:40AM
jred33: The problem is you forgot to perform a step in this guide: [www.wiibrew.org]

Most likely, unzipping the .tar or .gz2 files (<-- Those are the right extensions, right guys?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 02:40AM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login