Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brawl now has random problems.

Posted by S.S._Link 
Brawl now has random problems.
March 29, 2009 03:31AM
I was using cheat codes for Brawl using the Gecko OS app and now I have the following problems-

1. When Lugi's Mansion is selected, the game freezes.

2. When Mushroomy Kingdom is selected, the game freezes.

3. When Final Desentation is selected, there is no music. Trying to turn it back on makes the game freeze.

And all have a very annoying noise when they freeze. I have no idea why it is doing it on these levels, I've tried taking out the memory card, running it without cheats, and taking out the SD card just in case. Nothing works. It still freezes. I really hope the answer I'm looking for isn't deleting the save file, because the Wii won't let me copy it to an S.D. card...

At least that's my best guess to why it's freezing. I could of sworn it worked just fine before I did the cheat codes....

Any help is greatly apperciated.
Re: Brawl now has random problems.
March 29, 2009 04:26AM
try to turn off your wii and UNPLUG it from the wall(or back of Wii) so there is NO power...that should reset the hooks in Gecko.
Still not working.
March 29, 2009 07:09AM
I unplugged the power cable from the back of the Wii, plugged it back in, started Brawl, went to Lugi's Mansion and it still didn't work. What kind of thing would cause levels not to load and music to not work anyways?
March 29, 2009 08:15AM
Certain codes mess up the music. I think there are music fixing codes also
March 30, 2009 12:37AM
There's a "Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music V2 [spunit262]" at U.S.B. Gecko Codes, would this be what you're refering to bg4545? And is it able to fix the levels crashing as well? If so, I'll go ahead and try it.
March 30, 2009 01:11AM
I think so... I never messed with those codes so I'm not sure which ones exactly fix it
April 02, 2009 04:16AM
I've tried loading up that code on both Gecko OS and Ocarina. Both freeze while trying to load it. Gecko OS says it found the SD codes, but then freezes. Same with Ocarina. At least there's no annoying noise on these freezings.

Starting Brawl regularly still shows the same problems.
April 02, 2009 05:22AM
Use savegame extractor or Ocarina to copy the savegames.

Then try it without your savegame. I have the feeling, that some setting in the savegame are messed up and make the game crash.
April 05, 2009 03:02AM
Yeah, that was it. Something was wrong with the savegame. Not the end I was hoping for, but at least it's fixed (and I can play online now without it crashing). Thanks for the help. Though do you know why it did this? Using cheats online maybe? I just want to be able to use cheats but not have to ruin my save game again.
April 05, 2009 03:43AM
The music codes mess up the savefile
April 05, 2009 05:04AM
I don't think I was using any of those around the time it happened.... but I'll keep that in mind when I use codes in the future. Thanks.
April 05, 2009 05:57PM
Since you have to start fresh with your Brawl, I recommend you start with savegame that has no copy protection.

Though do you know why it did this?
Not exactly, but the theorie is simple. Ocarina and co. mess with the memory of the game. And when Brawl writes its settings to the NAND, it will of course use the values it finds in memory. Of course, it does not check ths values, becuase usually the won't get screwed up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login