Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

...before starting

Posted by freakonaleash31 
...before starting
April 18, 2009 10:32PM
hi guys,

i have begun the process of prepping my sd card for the wii hack and so far i havent encountered any problems. i havent plugged my wii into the internet or configured it for wireless internet yet so it hasnt had a firmware update. i know i need at least 3.0 for Homebrew to work but im afraid plugging my wii into the internet will upgrade me to 3.4. soo should i:

1. update to 3.4 and continue with performing the homebrew hack with the twilight hack v 0.1 beta 2

2. update to 3.0 with a game disc (not sure about this as plugging my wii in my automatically update it to 3.4) and continue modding it with twilight hack v 0.1 beta 1

3. keep my wii unplugged from the internet and manually install applications from my sd card (not sure if homebrew needs internet to run applications off my sd card though)

4. whatever you guys think is the best way of going about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
additionally, i have already made a custom guitar hero iso and after i burn it i need a program that will allow me to run burnt games. if anyone knows of such a homebrew application please tell me. also if anyone wants the iso to test it or play it, its got some grrreat songs on it (3 Avenged Sevenfold Albums, 1 Darkest Hour album, 1 Between the Buried and Me album w/ some additional songs, Bullet for my Valentine songs, All Shall Perish Songs, All that Remains songs, a Jeff Loomis song, a Kris Norris song, a Paul Waggoner song, some August burns red, and some parkway drive)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 10:36PM by freakonaleash31.
Re: ...before starting
April 18, 2009 10:42PM
No you won't get updated if you just connect to the internet. you should use a game disc ro update.
Backups (Burned games) are not supported here, so you won't get any help
April 18, 2009 10:49PM
bg4545
No you won't get updated if you just connect to the internet. you should use a game disc to update.

alright so the newer the game i buy, the newer the update? so if i want to upgrade to 3.0 i have to buy super mario galaxy... then use the v 0.1 beta 1?

and if youre worried about me pirating gh3, i have it for both my 360 and my wii :D
April 18, 2009 11:07PM
freakonaleash31
bg4545
No you won't get updated if you just connect to the internet. you should use a game disc to update.

alright so the newer the game i buy, the newer the update? so if i want to upgrade to 3.0 i have to buy super mario galaxy... then use the v 0.1 beta 1?

and if youre worried about me pirating gh3, i have it for both my 360 and my wii :D
Yeah mario galaxy should work. And I meant I couldn't tell you how to run burned games because a pirate could use the same instructions for a game he doesn't own
April 18, 2009 11:33PM
bg4545
Yeah mario galaxy should work. And I meant I couldn't tell you how to run burned games because a pirate could use the same instructions for a game he doesn't own

alright cool thanks.

and yea i understand. so after ive updated to 3.0, performed the twilight hack, and downloaded all i need from the homebrew channel, can i unplug my wii from the internet so it doesnt get patched over and bricked. im trying to do all i can to prevent bricking even though i know the chance is slim because my little siblings and parents play
April 18, 2009 11:48PM
Yeah most homebrew doesn't need internet
April 19, 2009 03:40AM
i got it all straightened out and have all the files for my sd card. ill let you know how it turns out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login