Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems possibly caused by downgrading

Posted by shawabawa 
Problems possibly caused by downgrading
April 29, 2009 12:52PM
Hi, I recently got a wii off my friend, he bought it in Hong Kong and these are the things I know about the wii:

1. When I got it it had homebrew installed
2. It doesn't have a modchip
3. When I got it it had system menu 4.0U

I'm in the UK so it was a bit annoying having it think I was american, also my TV can't disply NTSC properly so everything was black and white, so I changed the region and system menu to 3.2E with Edited Out.

I realised reading the FAQ that this site says a certain region changer other than Anyregion changer can cause problems, maybe that's why. If so can I fix it with anyregion changer?

Anyway here are the problems:
1. I can't update homebrew, I have beta 9, I've tried network update and updating with the .dol off the sd card, both do the same thing, Error at "installing ticket". Error code -1040002011
2. Anytitle deleter has errors at every stage, trying to delete anything results in Error "couldn't delete title, maybe it doesn't exist"
3. I couldn't install starfall, just said failed, no errors

What does work:
Most homebrew apps, Edited Out

Possibly related semi-issue: I played mario kart online before i patched my system menu so it set my location to US, now i've changed my location to UK but mario kart wii refuses to change my location

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 09:12PM by Arikado.
Re: Problems possibly caused by downgrading
April 29, 2009 04:40PM
Backups/USB loader are not supported here
April 29, 2009 09:13PM
Your problems are caused by downgrading.
April 30, 2009 03:25PM
I fixed it, in case anyone has the same problem:

[www.gbatemp.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login