Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb + Hackmii Installer problems

Posted by Adventus 
Bannerbomb + Hackmii Installer problems
May 19, 2009 07:36PM
I'm attempting to install Hackmii with the Bannerbomb exploit, since I'm on v4.0U of my Wii. I have the boot.elf in the root directory of my SD card (I checked the compatability list, it should work fine), and Bannerbomb in the "private" folder in the root.

No disk in the drive, WiiConnect24 off. Wii Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD, and it gives me the load prompt for boot.elf. I hit yes, and it brings up the "If you paid for this, it's a scam" white text on the black background. From what I can tell, this is where you hit 1 on the Wiimote to install. However, the Wii restarts after about 3-5 seconds, and boots back to the main Wii menu. I've gone through all of the available versions of Bannerbomb (last 2 versions just cause the Wii to freeze).

Any additional ideas on what I can do to work around this? Maybe just get the Homebrew channel through Loadmii? All I'm really interested in is the Homebrew channel. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 07:57PM by Adventus.
Re: Bannerbomb + Hackmii Installer problems
May 19, 2009 08:08PM
To quote Comex on his website [bannerbomb.qoid.us] :

"When running the HackMii installer, I get the scam warning, but then it freezes/exits. This is a known problem with the HackMii installer; I'm not sure if it has anything to do with bannerbomb. Stay tuned. "

I'd stick to using Loadmii for now, as it works well enough for most things. I suppose you could TRY and use Loadmii to run the Hackmii installer, but do so with caution and I'd recommend NOT trying to install Bootmii at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 08:12PM by Kage52124.
May 19, 2009 08:23PM
If I install Homebrew Channel through Loadmii, will it be a permanent channel, or only be available when I'm running it from the SD card?
May 19, 2009 10:37PM
IF it works, it will be a permanent channel; loadmii AND bannerbomb will not be necessary afterwards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login