Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where do I start?

Posted by Putzpie 
Where do I start?
May 21, 2009 01:28AM
Hi, I'm a little new to homebrew. I did mess around with DS homebrew, and make a simple drawing program, but nothing too serious. I'm confused as to where I should start with Wiibrew though. Could someone give me a hand?

I can run homebrew pefectly fine with HBC, and all that jazz. I just need some guidance with making it.
Re: Where do I start?
May 21, 2009 01:35AM
Ooooh...I suppose you could start here: [www.wiibrew.org] ...
May 21, 2009 01:43AM
I suppose I could've >_>

Thank you.
May 21, 2009 03:22AM
First you'll need to set up a dev enviroment with our devkitPPC toolchain. The process is extremely similiar to setting up the devkitARM toolchain you used with the ds. (Likewise, it can be sent from the devkitPRO website)
May 21, 2009 04:36AM
Arikado
First you'll need to set up a dev enviroment with our devkitPPC toolchain. The process is extremely similiar to setting up the devkitARM toolchain you used with the ds. (Likewise, it can be sent from the devkitPRO website)

I should probably have mention that I've successfully ran a generic "hello world app" with wiiload over wifi, so I know how to compile and all that. But thank you anyway. I also know how to put them on my card.

I'm just confused on where I should start for making wiibrew. Should I start by looking at other wiibrew sources? Are there any 'tutorials' so to speak? What libs should I use? I'm also confused on how you 'install' libs, like libwiigui, or how to use it >_>

Any info on that would be nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 04:37AM by Putzpie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login