Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really Dumb Question

Posted by xtremedew 
Really Dumb Question
May 26, 2009 09:24PM
Hi,

I am really new to this, but am thinking on doing the bannerbomb on my wii. I cannot do the Twilight hack because my wii is at v.4. The question I have is if I decide to do it and want to remove it later on, is it easy to do? Or does bannerbomb modify the wii code somehow? Does the wii get modified in any way? I would like to be able to pop my SD card in whenever I want to use my Wii for unintended purposes, but for all other time I would like to use it for a Wii.

Does this make any sense?? I hope so. Thanks for all the help.
Re: Really Dumb Question
May 26, 2009 09:47PM
Dude, why the heck would you WANT to remove homebrew? The wii is most definitely getting modified through this process.If i were you, i would install bannerbomb.

Homebrew is an add-on to what already exists on your wii. You can still use the wii the way you normally would even when homebrew is installed. Does that make sense??? Anyway, i hope that helps answer your question.

I'm not sure about being able to remove it, but as i stated before, there really is no reason to. :)
May 26, 2009 09:48PM
Running bannerbomb doesn't install anything in your Wii.
May 26, 2009 09:55PM
Arikado

Wahhhh?

I must not understand what bannerbomb is......

Don't you use it to install homebrew????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 09:58PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 26, 2009 09:59PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado

Wahhhh?
Are you serious right now? Do you not even know what Bannerbomb is and yet you're responding to Bannerbomb help topics?

Bannerbomb is only an exploit. That means that it only crashes the Wii and then runs whatever unsigned code is on the SD Card. That's all it does. (A little more info here: [arikadosblog.blogspot.com] )
May 26, 2009 11:29PM
Why would he be using bannerbomb unless he were installing something on his wii?
May 26, 2009 11:32PM
You can use bannerbomb to just play one particular homebrew or use it with Loadmii to play several ones. No install necessary, which is why those who don't want to void their warranty are really safe with this method. i doubt even Nintendo would have a way to track bannerbomb usage since it crashes the Wii, keeping there from being any obvious log.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 11:33PM by Kage52124.
May 26, 2009 11:42PM
Also Bannerbomb is just a file on the SD card which means you can just put it in (most) any Wii and play homebrew or install the HBC
May 27, 2009 01:25AM
Wow, i didn't know this. i should have read up on this more before i answered somebody's question. i don't think i'll ever try to help anyone again. :)
May 27, 2009 01:27AM
Lol you dork. Everyone makes mistakes; don't sweat it. Live, learn and then get Luv's! [/company slogan]
May 27, 2009 03:02AM
Kage52124
Lol you dork. Everyone makes mistakes; don't sweat it. Live, learn and then get Luv's! [/company slogan]

uhhh, ya, okay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login