Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using 2g SD card, but no apps in homebrew...

Posted by Chaoguy 
Using 2g SD card, but no apps in homebrew...
May 28, 2009 12:31AM
Okay, I'm on 4.0, with HBC via bannerbomb and bootmii. I downloaded Homebrew browser and MPlayer dvdlib. I made sure they are in the apps folder, still nothing.

I guess my bigger question is, what do with the private folder from bannerbomb after i install it? Do I delete it and rename my privateold back to private and put the homebrews there?

Thanks for the help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 12:32AM by Chaoguy.
Re: Using 2g SD card, but no apps in homebrew...
May 28, 2009 03:14AM
Yeah if you have the Homebrew Channel installed, you're good to go and you don't need Bannerbomb anymore. ;-)

So can you not see the two apps you downloaded? Are you using an SDHC card? If you are, SDHC doesn't work with 1.0.2 Homebrew Channel, but keep a hold of it as it should be fixed soon. In the meantime you could get a regular SD card and use that.
May 28, 2009 03:24AM
Nope, its just your average 2g SD card. okay, so i removed the bannerbomb private, put the old one back on, and my Homebrews should go here (Im on Mac):

NO NAME (my sd card) > private (the old one from before bannerbomb) > wii > app.

Right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 03:25AM by Chaoguy.
May 28, 2009 04:38AM
No, apps go in the "apps" folder

NO NAME (sd card) > apps > [Folder for the app] > boot.dol (or boot.elf)
May 28, 2009 12:54PM
Oh okay. So I need to make a folder for them. Gotcha thank you!

But wait, even outside of the private folder? Okay, I'll just play around with it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 12:57PM by Chaoguy.
May 28, 2009 02:44PM
The private folder is ONLY used for bannerbomb as it is made to look like an official wii channel. that's why the folders are structured the way they are.
May 28, 2009 04:36PM
Yay! I got it. Thanks you guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login