Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] Bannerbomb does NOTHING on 4.0

Posted by Isuroh 
[Solved] Bannerbomb does NOTHING on 4.0
June 02, 2009 12:30PM
Goodmornin' to y'all!

I've bought a new Wii like two months ago. If I remember correctly, it came with SM 3.4 as default. I updated to 4.0, since the bannerbomb exploit was already out, so I could install the homebrew channel. So, after a few weeks, when I had some spare time, I decided to do the hack-work. I grabbed my SD card (which is actually a 4GB Kingston MicroSD in a TF adapter), put the bannerbomb exploit on it (and the BootMii installer), and tried it out. But, here comes the problem, nothing (!) happened. No freeze, no pop up, no funny things. Nothing at all! I tried all the other bannerbomb versions, but none worked! I thought it was due to my SD card, maybe 4GB is too big, altough SM 4.0 supports SDHC. So, I ripped the (512MB) SD card out of my camera, copied bannerbomb to it, including the BootMii installer. Again, nothing happened. Tried all the bannerbomb versions on the real non-SDHC card as well, but I can't get it to work.

I bought the Wii 2 months ago, at Bol.com, a large dutch (electronics) retailer. The serial begins with LEF (can't give the numbers, since I am not at home right now). I did it the official way (which means run the exploit via Settings > Memory Management > Wii > SD card, instead of using the "shortcut"), but it didn't work. Formatted the SD card as well.

The weird part is, when I use the "shortcut" to the SD channel, the Wii freezes, while the official way didn't give any action/response.

Any of you guys having the same problem? Can someone help me out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 07:16PM by Isuroh.
Re: Bannerbomb does NOTHING on 4.0
June 02, 2009 06:04PM
Isuroh
Settings > Memory Management > Wii > SD card

Erm, i think you're supposed to go to Settings>Data Management>CHANNELS>SD card. i'm not sure if that makes a difference,but try it. Also, make sure that everything is in the correct order on your SD card.

Edit: Better yet, please explain the contents on your SD card, and what order they are in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 06:17PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Re: Bannerbomb does NOTHING on 4.0
June 02, 2009 07:16PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Erm, i think you're supposed to go to Settings>Data Management>CHANNELS>SD card

Thank you so much. The above quote exactly deals with the issue I have been experiencing. I did it the wrong way, by choosing "saved data" (if that's the correct translation, since I`m using the dutch System Menu), which makes no sense at all, thinking about it right now, since the Bannerbomb is a channel exploit.

I`m running the homebrew channel right now, and proud of it. Thank you again, you enlightened my mind :)

EDIT: I think this is the right time for a small, tiny, little lock ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 07:21PM by Isuroh.
Re: [Solved] Bannerbomb does NOTHING on 4.0
June 02, 2009 07:32PM
Lol, your welcome! Glad to help! :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login