Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to install Hackmii? [SOLVED]

Posted by tnnt 
How to install Hackmii? [SOLVED]
June 05, 2009 12:38AM
Hi sorry for noob question but it seems like Hackmii has a file called installer.elf inside. Where exactly do I need to put this file to install Hackmii? I notice that all of the files within my apps folder have boot.dol. Could someone please help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 01:19AM by tnnt.
Re: How to install Hackmii?
June 05, 2009 12:42AM
Given your post, I take it you already have HBC?
Simply create a "hackmii" folder inside your apps folder, and place the elf file there. Make sure it is renamed to boot.elf and the homebrew channel will pick it up automatically like any other app.
June 05, 2009 12:55AM
That was quick. Thanks so much. Do u know if I need to format the sd card to install BootMii? The reason I'm doing all this is because I downgraded my 3.4u to 3.2u but the wii froze during IOS51 and wii shop installation. I had to manually turned of the Wii. After that whenever I open HBC the Wii crashes and black screen on me. I had to reinstall an older version of HBC. I tried to update HBC last night and installed the latest version but when I open HBC the Wii crashes like before. I wonder if I'm missing some IOS needed for HBC 1.0.3 or something. Thanks again for ur help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 12:59AM by tnnt.
June 05, 2009 01:06AM
The SD card can be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
I think my install simply added the bootmii folder, but backing up your SD card won't hurt.
Not sure if you are getting confused here though. Hackmii installer contains bootmii, HBC and DVDx.

As for the rest... "downgrade guides are full of fail" is a standard quote here.
To fix it up, I can't really say, but I think others would recommend using WiiSCU, or simply updating online.
I'd wait for an answer from others, tbh.
June 05, 2009 01:17AM
I used WiiSCU and installed Wii Shop and IOS61. I just finished uninstalling HBC 1.01 and put in version 1.0.3 and the new HBC is working so I think my problem is solved. Yeah bout downgrading, it s trouble. Next time I will never downgrade. I'm beginning to get a grip on most of this now. Now if only I can get all the WiiWare to work. Finally got Swords and Soldiers to work with IOS37, IOS38, 53 and 55 and now 61 for Wii shop and HBC. How many IOSs are out there anyway? Thanks again for ur help PhoenixTank.
Re: How to install Hackmii? [SOLVED]
June 05, 2009 01:27AM
I think I read that there can be up to 256 IOS's, but don't quote me there.
Congrats on buying & getting S&S to work. Fantastic wiiware game.
You're welcome too.
June 05, 2009 01:29AM
Yeah, the newer channels being released appear to require you to have IOS53 installed or else they will return you to the Wii Menu. I have no idea what that IOS is actually for.
June 05, 2009 01:57AM
I will now try to look for all 256 of them hehe.
June 05, 2009 01:59AM
Arikado
Yeah, the newer channels being released appear to require you to have IOS53 installed or else they will return you to the Wii Menu. I have no idea what that IOS is actually for.
The IOSs are made by Nintendo am I right? I wish there s link where u can download all of them so u dont have to get them one by one. I had to google each and everyone of them but luckily they are all legit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login