Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

total newb here need help with games (solved)

Posted by salz 
total newb here need help with games (solved)
June 05, 2009 05:03AM
hi everyone. i have a wii with 4.0. bought my sdhc card today (4g) and installed aad1f_v108.zip and bootmii onto the sd card. i installed the homebrew channel onto the wii and the dvdx one but there was another one i wasnt to sure if i should have installed (cant remember what it was called??) anyways the homebrew chanel works. so now what lol. the home brew channel comes up with a blue screen and bubbles and nothing else. i can select anything cause theres nothing to select.

Edited Out but i found some homebrew games on the wiibrew website so i downloaded one i liked and put that onto the sd card aswell but i dont think i did it right as its not coming up anywhere?? so how can i start up this game that i downloaded and put onto the sd card already.

eta:- then third thing i didnt install was the bootmii. but i try to install it and i dont think it installs. the homebrew channel has an uninstall underneath it and so does the dvdx but bootmii doesnt. it says its success at installing it but i dono lol any help with that part too???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 09:32PM by Arikado.
Re: total newb here need help with games
June 05, 2009 05:07AM
Actually, you don't burn them to a disk. All you need to do is make an apps folder on the root of your sd card, and then put the folder of whatever app you're using in the apps folder. Also, make sure that there is a boot.dol file inside whatever app you're using. It should look like this: ROOT:/apps/the app you're using/boot.dol,etc. Hope that answers your question.

Edit: Make sure to extract the folder that you download before you put it on the SD card. Ask you need more help. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 05:09AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 05, 2009 05:13AM
oh k i didnt make an apps folder thats probably why it wont work.

thanx WaxyPumpkin72 for ur quick reply :D much appreciated.
June 05, 2009 05:31AM
salz
eta:- then third thing i didnt install was the bootmii. but i try to install it and i dont think it installs. the homebrew channel has an uninstall underneath it and so does the dvdx but bootmii doesnt. it says its success at installing it but i dono lol any help with that part too???

If you have a newer wii, then bootmii needs to be installed as an IOS. If you have an older wii(mid-2008), then you need to install bootmii as boot2. Just install it according to how old your wii is.
June 05, 2009 05:54AM
yeah i did it as an iso and it prepard the sd card and all and says its successful in installing but how do i know for sure it is or is there no way to know.

oh and games problem solved just downloading some more games now. :D
June 05, 2009 06:09AM
Uhh,if it worked, then when you turn off your wii and then turn it back on instead of booting to the system menu, it will boot to a new menu called bootmii. From there you can choose to launch the homebrew channel or the system menu. Try turning off your wii and then turning it back on to see if it boots to bootmii instead the system menu. Tell me your results. :D
June 05, 2009 06:11AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Uhh,if it worked, then when you turn off your wii and then turn it back on instead of booting to the system menu, it will boot to a new menu called bootmii. From there you can choose to launch the homebrew channel or the system menu. Try turning off your wii and then turning it back on to see if it boots to bootmii instead the system menu. Tell me your results. :D
No, if it's BootMii IOS, then you must load it from the home menu in the Homebrew Channel
June 05, 2009 06:17AM
Then whats thte point in it??
June 05, 2009 06:17AM
ok i went to homebrew channel and pressed the home button and i found the bootmii icon. so what does this do?? it has 4 options (wii, home brew channel, sd card, options).

eta- my wii remote wont work in this menu??
eta- it froze lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 06:21AM by salz.
June 05, 2009 07:03AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Then whats thte point in it??
It let's you make a NAND backup and use apps for MINI

And wiimote doesn't work in BootMii(IOS), you need a gamecube controller
June 05, 2009 07:37AM
k got ya. i dont have one of those so i guess i wont be using the bootmii

thanks for ur help
June 05, 2009 09:36PM
salz
ok i went to homebrew channel and pressed the home button and i found the bootmii icon. so what does this do?? it has 4 options (wii, home brew channel, sd card, options).

eta- my wii remote wont work in this menu??
eta- it froze lol
No, architectural limitations prevent the Wiimote from working in BootMii. Use a gamecube controller or the Power and Reset buttons on the Wii instead. So no, it didn't freeze, you just didnt know what you were doing. But dont worry about it :P

The Wii option sends you to the wii system menu.
The homebrew channel option sends you to the homebrew channel.
The SD Card button lets you boot apps built with MINI.
The last option, which is referred to as "Backup/Restore Center" (AFAIK at least) lets you make a backup of your Wii's NAND.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 09:36PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login