Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Channel Help

Posted by cherlos 
Homebrew Channel Help
June 11, 2009 03:43PM
Hey I recently just decided to try out the homebrew channel (i've only been hearing good things about it for a long time now). I read everywhere as to how to install it, i successfully installed the channel using the zelda hack, i also installed the dvdx thing, and some miihack (all came in the newest bundle from the HC website). So after all the installation everything seems to be good, the channel is there (on my wii menu). But my problem is that when i click start on the channel, it just goes into a black (loading screen) and then i am back at the wii menu! I tried installing it again many times and i still get the same thing. When i try running homebrew channel it just kicks me back to the wii menu board.

Also here is more info of whati have

-wii version 3.1 (i bought the wii a long time ago and just now decided to get my hands-on it)
Re: Homebrew Channel Help
June 11, 2009 05:56PM
try upgrading. use twilight hack to run anyregionchanger and dont change any region settings just hit go. this will update you to 3.2, the best firmware to be on currently. dont upgrade through nintendo, that'll take you to 4.0, which isnt as good. But upgrading to 3.2 should fix your problem i believe.

EDIT: No, that wont actually fix it. You need to install IOS 60 for the latest HBC to work. Either update to 4.0 through Nintendo or run WiiSCU with twilight hack or bannerbomb and install IOS 60. That should fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 11:38PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login