Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help downgrading wii 4.0u to 3.2u.

Posted by MrGameNWatch 
Need help downgrading wii 4.0u to 3.2u.
June 18, 2009 08:49PM
*I think this is the wrong section*

Im in need of help downgrading wii. I updated to 4.0 before i got homebrew channel. I've tried all guides to downgrade my wii but all i get are errors. I looked for threads around here but i dont think i ever found any with downgrading wii after updated. If anyone can help give me a guide to downgrade my wii, I would really appreciate it. Or a link of a topic i was looking for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 08:54PM by MrGameNWatch.
Re: Need help downgrading wii 4.0u to 3.2u.
June 18, 2009 09:07PM
Downgrade = FAIL
You don't need to downgrade to use the homebrew channel
June 18, 2009 09:57PM
You don't need to downgrade for any type of homebrew AFAIK. Why do you think you need to downgrade?

Also, you should be careful with what you're doing. Most of these "guides" are infamous for bricking wiis...
June 18, 2009 10:30PM
Well, there are a couple of homebrew which work better on 3.2, such as Gecko OS (being able to use hooks), and also, if you're on 4.0, I don't think you could have trucha bug enabled IOSes (Is that the correct plural of IOS? I always refer to it as that, but I'm not sure if that's right) unless you upgraded in a certain way, which he didn't, so he can't use the likes of preloader. However, there MAY be ways of getting them working without downgrading, I dunno
June 18, 2009 10:34PM
Yes, you can have trucha enabled IOSs on (virgin) 4.0s Its fairly easy to do.
June 18, 2009 10:36PM
This is NOT an endorsement, but this comes from the forum that handles GeckoOS: Link Removed - Contains Unsupported Software. This may be the best guide out there, but as always you must do so with extreme caution. Also ask yourself, "Is it worth the risk of bricking my Wii? Should I install Bootmii as boot2 and do a NAND backup?" If you can't do the backup, I wouldn't recommend trying the downgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:35AM by Arikado.
June 18, 2009 10:40PM
I'm not going to remove that link, as there's nothing illegal in it. But I don't totally agree with some of it. Like Kage says, use at your own risk.
Redacted. I didn't originally see there was an archive being distributed with it. It contains tons of WiiBrew-condemned software. Link Removed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:36AM by Arikado.
June 18, 2009 10:44PM
Sorry Arikado, hope I didn't offend...
June 19, 2009 08:06PM
I used the link and successfully downgraded a while ago. If you do end up doing it, if it doesn't work the first time, you just have to keep trying until you have success. The IOS downgrader takes a long time to work, just keep trying until it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login