Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew not doing anything

Posted by Pickles21 
Homebrew not doing anything
June 24, 2009 09:09PM
i just downloaded the homebrew channel and it's not doing anything. i'm trying to download some apps, but they don't show up. Help?
Re: Homebrew not doing anything
June 24, 2009 09:16PM
To get an app to show up, this is what you must do (I'll use homebrew browser as an example):

Go to the homebrew browser page and download the file to your desktop. Unzip it, and open the homebrew browser folder that is unzipped. Look inside the folder and make sure there are these files: boot.dol, icon.png, loop.mod, meta.xml, and settings.xml. Drag the unzipped homebrew browser folder to the "apps" folder on your SD card. That should be it. The SD card contents should look like this:

ROOT:/apps/homebrew_browser/boot.dol,etc.

This is basically the only app you need to download, because from there, you download any other homebrew app. Hope this helps! :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 09:17PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 24, 2009 09:35PM
i tried that. is there a certain name you have to use for the folder? Someone told me to use /apps, but the computer said i can't use "/" in the file name
June 24, 2009 09:37PM
No, it looks exactly like this....apps. Don't put anything else, its case sensitive, i think.
June 24, 2009 09:39PM
ok, thanks, i'll try it.
June 24, 2009 10:07PM
they said /apps because that's how it'd appear in the path (something like e:/apps/homebrew browser/boot.dol or whatever). The folder itself should be called 'apps' and each homebrew should have it's own folder within that and in each homebrew's folder there must be a boot.dol, and optionally a meta.xml and an icon.png.
June 24, 2009 10:12PM
Ah, now i see where he got that...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login