Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

want to get gecko OS working properly

Posted by TINN 
want to get gecko OS working properly
June 24, 2009 12:34AM
Hey guys I was just wondering is there a way to get gecko os working without installing the ios on system menu 4.0. I want to use cheats on a wii ware game but it always gives me "error getting channel list" :(
Re: want to get gecko OS working properly
June 24, 2009 12:38AM
Unforunately, channel loading only works on 3.3v1 and below. Sorry. If you're really desperate, you can downgrade using this method. It is legal, i believe, and its the method i used and i was succesful. If you do decide to do it, you should make sure to have bootmii as boot2 installed, and a NAND backup.

Note: This is a risky thing to do, and you could brick your wii!! :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 12:41AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 24, 2009 12:48AM
Thanks for replying so fast but I don't want to touch anything to do with downgrading firmware since one of my friends wiis got bricked by downgrading :(. Is there any other method?
June 24, 2009 12:51AM
No. I was really desperate too, so i downgraded. I'm pretty sure that there's no other method. Sorry. :`(
June 24, 2009 01:00AM
TINN
Thanks for replying so fast but I don't want to touch anything to do with downgrading firmware since one of my friends wiis got bricked by downgrading :(. Is there any other method?
hello you can try installing an old version of ios 36 with this application

bye

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 12:43PM by Arikado.
June 24, 2009 01:04AM
Hmm, that looks fishy..... I don't speak spanish, but i'm seeing some "cIOS 249", I wouldn't use this if I were you.
June 24, 2009 01:45AM
Yeah you'd need a cIOS for that method and that app seems pretty shady...
June 24, 2009 02:29AM
You could try downgrading IOS 35 with CMDVDX34. Then you could obtain IOS 36 v1042 with NUS Downloader (enter 0000000100000024 v1042 as the Title ID and version number). Finally, you could install IOS 36 with WAD Manager 1.4, selecting IOS 35 as the IOS to run on.
June 24, 2009 02:37AM
MattMan
You could try downgrading IOS 35 with CMDVDX34. Then you could obtain IOS 36 v1042 with NUS Downloader (enter 0000000100000024 v1042 as the Title ID and version number). Finally, you could install IOS 36 with WAD Manager 1.4, selecting IOS 35 as the IOS to run on.
that's what was mentioned earlier...
June 24, 2009 03:34AM
I know, but I thought I would explain in English how to do it legally.
June 24, 2009 12:59PM
Any time someone says, "Downgrade this..." or "Install this (c)IOS..." Its a bad idea.

Lets get some things straight:
1- IOS Downgrader doesnt downgrade anything except the system menu. You will still have Gecko OS problems (if youre not bricked)
2 - CMDVDX is not on WiiBrew. Theres something wrong with it AFAIK. Investigating... (discussion of it may be prohibited in this forum)
3 - AFAIK we dont know IOS 36 is the problem.

Conclusion: You're stuck on 4.0 - deal with it. Gecko OS doesnt work properly - deal with it. (Or crack open an IDE ;-) )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 07:55PM by Arikado.
June 24, 2009 06:39PM
Arikado
1- IOS Downgrader doesnt downgrade anything except the system menu. You will still have Gecko OS problems (if youre not bricked)
No, IOS downgrader downgrades the every IOS up to 36, not the system menu. I think you're thinking of cIOS downgrader...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 06:39PM by bg4545.
June 24, 2009 07:56PM
bg4545
Arikado
No, IOS downgrader downgrades the every IOS up to 36, not the system menu. I think you're thinking of cIOS downgrader...
I'm thinking of the one Wanky wrote (BTW, didnt know there was more than one). Also, how does it work (if you know)?
June 24, 2009 08:19PM
Waninkoko wrote both IOS and cIOS downgrader, afaik
June 24, 2009 08:34PM
Well, IOS Downgrader is the one every one makes fun of on #wiidev becuase it doesnt downgrade any IOSs like it claims to. After all, how can you install an IOS with a low version number over one with a higher one? FYI, you can't. I've personally tried it, had horrendous results, and then been saved by my NAND back up. If cIOS downgrader actually downgrades IOSs, that would make sense. But, as implied by it's name, you'd need a cIOS installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 08:35PM by Arikado.
June 24, 2009 08:38PM
I believe it is possible, as long as you have a trucha IOS. And IOS Downgrader runs on IOS 249, I think.
June 24, 2009 09:43PM
Arikado
Well, IOS Downgrader is the one every one makes fun of on #wiidev becuase it doesnt downgrade any IOSs like it claims to. After all, how can you install an IOS with a low version number over one with a higher one? FYI, you can't. I've personally tried it, had horrendous results, and then been saved by my NAND back up. If cIOS downgrader actually downgrades IOSs, that would make sense. But, as implied by it's name, you'd need a cIOS installed.
Really? because I used it like in Link's guide over on the wiird forums and it seemed to work. I did have to install a cIOS, though. And IIRC cIOS downgrader is the one that is fail and 'downgrades' system menus.

EDIT: yeah, a quick look on the dark side:
IOS Downgrader v1.0
DescripciĆ³n:
Esta aplicacion te permite downgradear casi todas las versiones de IOS de tu consola Wii a sus revisiones correspondientes afectadas por el bug Trucha.
English: This application lets you downgrade almost all the versions of IOS on your Wii console to their versions with the trucha bug.

Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2
DescripciĆ³n:
Esta aplicacion te permite downgradear el firmware de tu consola Wii a cualquier version disponible en los servidores de Nintendo.
Ademas, la aplicacion tambien te permite cambiar la region de tu consola Wii, para que coincida con la region del nuevo firmware instalado, y el codigo de pais de la tienda Wii.
This application lets you downgrade the firmware of your Wii console to whatever version version available on Nintendo's servers.
In addition, the application also lets you change the region of your Wii console to match the region of the new firmware installed, and the country code of the Wii Shop.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 09:52PM by bg4545.
June 24, 2009 09:46PM
I used that method and everything works great for me. I can use gecko os hooks and channel loading! :D
June 24, 2009 11:13PM
Hm. Maybe I am seriously mixed up. If so, thanks for correcting me :) Its really hard to pay attention to and remember all of these things sometimes :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login