Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to update from 3.3E to latest?

Posted by K34nu 
How to update from 3.3E to latest?
June 28, 2009 05:52PM
Hey,
I took a little look around and I couldn't find an answer, so does anyone have a way to update from 3.3E (With the homebrew mod - I used the Twilight Hack) to the newest version the current firmware?

If something I said doesn't make sense, please post back and I will correct myself.

I generally know how to do most things on the wii, but if you could also explain that'd be great.

Thanks
-Keanu
Re: How to update from 3.3E to latest?
June 28, 2009 06:35PM
Uhh? I thought it was okay?... I just want to updatew my wii but still keep the homebrew channel as I use a few apps on it?..

Any idea? I wouldn't care if I had to re-install everything on there, just aslong as I got the homebrew channel back?

Thanks
-Keanu
June 28, 2009 07:13PM
The latest firmware doesnt remove HBC, no updates yet have. Just update regularly. But depending on whether you're on 3.3v1 or 3.3v2, you may lose some functionality.
June 28, 2009 07:36PM
Uhh, it seems asthough the two previous posts were deleted, but.. I'm debating whether or not to just update it then try to re-do the twilight-hack?... Any ideas?

Thanks
-Keanu
June 28, 2009 07:55PM
I deleted the previous two comments (and then took a break for a moment). I did so because those two previous comments were irrelevant to your situation and you would do best to ignore them.

Just update like normal via Nintendo. You won't lose the Homebrew Channel or break any of your applications. However, I reccomend you make a NAND Backup (if you have Bootmii installed as boot2) before you update so if you dont like 4.0, you can easily return to your previous system menu version.
June 28, 2009 08:08PM
Yeah, like I said, no update yet has removed HBC, and there's no real proof Nintendo ever will remove HBC with an update. Although they could. But for now, it's safe to update.
June 28, 2009 08:52PM
Ah fantastic, thats good news. So updating via the official would be fine? Also, i'm running a backup but i've so far got 5 bad blocks?.... Any ideas how to fix that? Or does it matter that there are 5? (Its 3/4 way through.)

Thanks SifJar
-Keanu

//Edit

Ah, its fine, its turned the back blocks green, so I should be okay. I'm going to update it now and post a quick reply after i'm done updating. Another quick question - If what you said before about updating doesn't delete the homebrew channel, then hopefully updating from games should be fine aswell??

Thanks
-Keanu

//Edit Edit

Okay, it looks like the backup has gone fine, so now onto the update!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 08:56PM by K34nu.
June 28, 2009 09:14PM
Bad blocks are normal so long as you dont have more than 80.

Like SifJar already said, no current updates, online or off are harmful to the HBC.
June 28, 2009 11:02PM
And with discs, you can block updates in several ways. Gecko OS, preloader and probably more. Of course online update is even easier to block, just say no, but with discs, if you dont they'll get stroppy and not boot unless you use one of those methods.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login