Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with bootmii

Posted by grimmreaper441 
help with bootmii
June 29, 2009 02:42AM
ok sorta new to this but i tried instaling homebrew before and got it to work, but was an older homebrew so i had to update, but i put it off for too long and found out they came out with bootmii now, so i dled it and did everything right, btw im using the twilight hack to do it, so when i copy the twilight hack and go into the game i go up to the guy and talk to him everything seems normal until at the end it says:

boot.dol not found(-1), reading boot.elf:
start cluster = 0000
start cluster = 05d4
start cluster = 0003
start cluster = 0138
Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!
No code found to load, hanging.

but i know i extracted everything right, if their is something more u need to know let me know and ill post it
any help is welcome thanks
Re: help with bootmii
June 29, 2009 02:49AM
Do you have a boot.elf file on the root of your SD card?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 02:50AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 29, 2009 03:23AM
no i dont were do i get it from? and now im trying that bannerbomb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 03:28AM by grimmreaper441.
June 29, 2009 03:28AM
Try renaming the file extension from ".elf" to ".dol". See what happens then. If you're still unsuccesful, use bannerbomb, the new homebrew installation method. Learn more about it here.
June 29, 2009 04:01AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Try renaming the file extension from ".elf" to ".dol".
You shouldn't change the file extension...

rename "installer.elf" from [bootmii.org] to "boot.elf"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 04:01AM by bg4545.
June 29, 2009 05:28PM
renaming the file extension will just make an unworking file i believe. as said above rename the file 'installer.elf' to 'boot.elf' and stick it in the root. then do the twilight hack or bannerbomb. but if you already have HBC, you can just run it from HBC. Just stick it in apps folder. should be at X:/apps/HackMii Installer/boot.elf where X is the letter of your SD card. Then just boot HBC and run HackMii installer. Easier than using an exploit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login