Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple Questions

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Couple Questions
June 28, 2009 02:01AM
Okay, here are all my questions, hopefully this will be the last thread on this topic. :P

1.) When restoring my NAND, where i put the nand.bin on my sd card? the root?

2.) When switching my shop channel, is the the only thing i need to switch the shop country code? Do i need to change anything else? Do i need to mark the EULA as read? Do i need to select "save" and then reboot?

Sorry about all the questions, i don't want to mess anything up! Thanks for putting up with me! :D

Waxy
Re: Couple Questions
June 28, 2009 02:07AM
Yes, put the nand.bin on the root of your SD card.

I think all you need to do is change the Shop Country Code and mark the EULA as read if it isn't already and save.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 02:08AM by MattMan.
June 28, 2009 02:07AM
Well I can't help with 1, but when switching your shop region you need to:
- Delete your Shop Account.
- Change the region code in AnyRegion Changer, and mark the EULA as read and then save
- Connect to the Shop Channel and it should show the welcome screen
June 28, 2009 02:10AM
Okay thanks i'll give results in a few...
June 28, 2009 02:14AM
Hmm, when i go to remove the account, it makes me type in my serial number. Do you think that will make my account un-retrievable from my NAND?
June 28, 2009 02:17AM
Not sure what you're asking here, but I think all your downloaded content should come back when you restore your NAND backup.
June 28, 2009 02:28AM
I dont think so... I'm not sure what they'd need the serial for
June 28, 2009 02:37AM
OOOOOOMYYYYYYGOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH!!!! I HAVE THE JAPANESE SHOP CHANNEL!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! YAAAY!!! I CAN DOWNLOAD SSB64!! YAAAAAAY!!!

Okay, had to get that out of my system. I don't even care if my NAND restoration doesn't work!! I'm happy!! I'm gonna go get starfall now. There are like 8 or 9 free channels you can get! This is so awesome! Yay tona!! hahaha yaya!!

MMk, now another question:

Is there a way i could make it be in english? Or is that just a crazy dream? :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 03:25AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 28, 2009 03:33AM
No.. it gets all the info in Japanese so it gets displayed in Japanese..
EDIT: nevermind that part

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 03:34AM by bg4545.
June 28, 2009 04:52AM
Boo-Yahhh!!!! I bought super smash bros. 64 and then backed up the NAND and everything is succesful so far. I'll try the restoration process later! Thanks, guys!!
June 28, 2009 07:05AM
Okay, this is odd. I restored my previous nand (the one with the US account), and the system menu has all the VC/Wiiware titles that i had installed on the system menu. I have more, but they're just not installed on my system menu. They're available for re-download on the shop channel ( or, at least, they used to be). When i enter the shop channel, i get a message that says something like "Your previous shop channel was japanese. your current shop is on US. Is this correct?" I clicked yes (i can also click "return to wii menu") and it talks about linking my club nintendo account blablablabla. I click on don't link, and then i get "error 205958" and can't connect to the shop channel. I've tried multiple times, but i still can't connect. What the heck is going on? This is what nintendo says the error code means:

Nintendo.com
Error Code: 205958
Wii Shop Channel

There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.
Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).
If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.
If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

I guess i don't really care, cuz i still have some of my VC games on the system menu, and i can still access the japanese shop. its just kinda odd. Any help is sincerely appreciated!!!!
June 28, 2009 08:04AM
I think that's the error code you get when you change the shop region without deleting your previous account...
June 28, 2009 05:29PM
Try restoring your Japanese backup and deleting your Shop Account, then restoring the first backup.
June 28, 2009 10:18PM
Um, are you sure thats a good idea? I really don't want to be stuck with no shop channel at all, so if thats your only suggestion, i guess i'll just be stuck with no US shop channel. Oh well. :(
June 28, 2009 11:44PM
I mean, restore your Japanese backup, switch to the Japanese Shop, and then delete your Japanese Shop Account like you did before with the US Shop Account. After that, restore your US backup and switch to the US Shop.

Unless you mean that you didn't ever remove your US Wii Shop Channel Account before switching?
June 29, 2009 02:04AM
MattMan
Unless you mean that you didn't ever remove your US Wii Shop Channel Account before switching?

No, i removed it before i switched. I'll re-state my order of operations:

Backup my US shop account
Delete my US shop account after backup process
Use anyregion changer to switch to japanese
Backup my Japanese shop account
Restore my US shop account, and get no results

Why should it help for me to go delete my japanese shop account? I know i already have a backup of it, but i had a backup of my US account too, and now it doesn't work. Am i making sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 02:04AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 29, 2009 02:50AM
The Nintendo servers still think that you are connected to the Japanese Shop Channel. In order to switch back to the US Shop Channel, you must delete your Japanese Shop Account. This is why you had to delete your US Shop Account before switching to the Japanese Shop Channel.

The backups are only to keep your downloaded channels; you still have to delete the Shop Channel Accounts before you switch Shop regions.

Your US Account isn't working because the Shop Channel servers think that you are connected to the Japanese Shop Channel (which you are because you didn't delete your Japanese Account).
June 29, 2009 02:57AM
Forgive me for not thinking things through. I'll try your suggestion as soon as i can. Thank you very much for all of your help!!!! (>^.^)> <(^.^<)
June 30, 2009 12:44AM
Okay, this is even more odd. I backed up my japanese account, deleted it, restored my US account, and my VC/Wiiware games were on the system menu, just like before. I loaded the shop channel, and this time, instead of getting an error, it creates an account for me. Except now, it says I haven't downloaded any titles. Reboot to the system menu and (GUESS WHAT!!!!) all my games are gone! What the heck? I guess this is okay, but I'm still basically in the same situation as I was before! And now, if I delete the account I just made and restore my Japanese account, the exact same thing will happen. So this is my current situation:

I have a couple games/channels on the system menu of both backups, but I have no shop account on either one now. I can never buy anything again. I'm not very happy right now!!!! :(
June 30, 2009 03:35AM
All right, I have another idea. Restore your US backup, connect to the US Shop and create a new account. Then, restore your US backup AGAIN and see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login