Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boot Menu?

Posted by kitzne 
Boot Menu?
July 01, 2009 03:33PM
Alright, a question from an absolute beginner:

So I installed the bannerbomb exploit, and installed HBC, DVDx, and bootmii. Despite having system 4.0, the wii allowed me to install bootmii as boot2, and gave me three green indicators. Everything seems to be fine, and I was able to go back to the home screen, select the HBC, etc. However, when i turned the wii off and turned it back on, the screen flashed garbled red and black, and then presented me with what looked like a list of bootable devices in sequence, and diddn't allow me to change anything. I hit reset, and it booted normally.

Additionally, when I select the SD menu in the wii home screen with the SD card inserted with the exploits, the system freezes.

Is all of this normal? Is there a way I can fix all of this?

-P
Re: Boot Menu?
July 01, 2009 04:04PM
delete the private folder from the sd card to use sd menu properly. and i think the other thing you refer to may be bootmii. press power to scroll accross and reset to select. the first icon is system menu, second is HBC, third is directly launch homebrew, but none is compatible yet, and the last is NAND operations. i'd advise you go to NAND operations, and select I think it's the first icon - the one with the arrow going TO the SD Card. This will take a NAND dump, so if you ever brick you can recover. Then if you no longer want BootMii to run at startup, rename the bootmii folder on the sd card something else, and rename it back to get bootmii to run again. Don't delete it though, in case you brick, so you can just rename it back, boot up BootMii and restore NAND dump.
July 01, 2009 04:05PM
Fix what?

The only "problem" I see is that your SD Menu freezes which happens becuase you still have Bannerbomb on your SD Card. Remove bannerbomb to "fix" that.
July 01, 2009 04:06PM
BootMii can install on any current firmware as boot2 as long as you have an older Wii.

The "list of bootable devices" is the BootMii Menu, you can navigate it with the POWER and RESET buttons, read about it at bootmii.org.

Delete the Bannerbomb files on your SD card and the SD Menu won't freeze.
July 01, 2009 05:51PM
Thanks so much for the prompt replies, and for bearing with me!

I'll remove the bannerbomb files. Easy fix.

Sifjar - excellent advice; will do.

Arikado - I misspoke / diddn't understand exactly what bootmii was doing. Everything seems to be functioning normally, I take it?

Mattman - I had actually read that the menu could be navigated with the buttons on the front of the console, but I couldn't seem to get them to work - which button is supposed to do what?

Thanks again!
July 01, 2009 05:53PM
I think power is scroll and reset is select, like I said above
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login