Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HACKMII INSTALLER QUESTIONS

Posted by dazzlestar 
HACKMII INSTALLER QUESTIONS
July 12, 2009 01:04PM
Hi, sorry if these are completely stupid questions, but I wanna make sure I know what I am doing before I install. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers these.

1. Is it correct that HBC and DVDX install to the Wii system memory and that Bootmii installs to the SD card?

2. I would like to back up my Wii NAND with Bootmii, so will I need a seperate SD for this with just Bootmii and the back up on? Or will it just be the backup and Bootmii on the other? This is the part I am most confused about, so any help would be great.

3. I would like to use a 1GB card for the NAND backup and Bootmii, and a 2GB or 4GB for HBC with homebrew games and such. What is the recommended size if I want to use games and apps also?

Thanks for any help with these questions, it will really clear up a lot.
Re: HACKMII INSTALLER QUESTIONS
July 12, 2009 01:15PM
1. All of them are as such installed to the Wii. BootMii is installed to boot2, which is used in the Wii's boot process. BootMii's boot2 checks for BootMii files on SD card, but it is in fact install on NAND (Wii System Memory). The other's are installed as channels on the Wii, although DVDx is an invisible one

2. You can use the same card I think, but if it doesnt dump the NAND properly, you'll need a formatted card. But you can just backup everything on the card, format, do the dump, then copy the dump to your computer and copy your card's backup back to the card.

3. I have a 1GB SD Card with a load of channels and homebrew on it and its got plenty of space. I dont have a NAND dump on it though. Still I'd say your 1GB card should be enough for everything, without needing a seperate one for Homebrew games and apps.
July 12, 2009 01:21PM
SifJar
1. All of them are as such installed to the Wii. BootMii is installed to boot2, which is used in the Wii's boot process. BootMii's boot2 checks for BootMii files on SD card, but it is in fact install on NAND (Wii System Memory). The other's are installed as channels on the Wii, although DVDx is an invisible one

This means that if you install Bootmii (Boot2) your Wii will load Bootmii _BEFORE_ The system menu _IF_ and SD card with the right files is found.
July 12, 2009 02:34PM
Right OK, I think I get it now. Thanks for the help, I will order an SD tonight. :)
July 13, 2009 04:43AM
If you want to save space on your SD card, you can copy the NAND dump to your computer and delete the one on your SD card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login