Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Basic help please

Posted by lion640 
Basic help please
July 09, 2009 10:07PM
so in the FAQ it says that i can delete homebrew completely but will leave traces that i used homebrew on my wii. so lets say i want to do a system update and i dont want homebrew anymore can i just delete homebrew and have no worries when updateing my stystem?

i get an error code for the DVD player. i installed bootmii and n64 games are not working
(i am useing the ones that are compatible). i got homebrew after the 4.0 update.

thanks in advance for your help

(k thanks for the tip about not useing wads i guess if i do decide to do a system update all get rid of all my homebrew stuff and hope for the best)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 04:02AM by lion640.
Re: Basic help please
July 09, 2009 10:34PM
WADs arent supported here. edit that out of your post before someone higher up sees that.

and there is no danger with updating and having homebrew. no update yet has done anything about installed homebrew. and you cannot fully get rid of homebrew ever. if you hadnt yet installed it, it is possible to run homebrew without leaving traces, but now you have HBC, you cant get rid of all traces.
July 10, 2009 01:25AM
Sorry, WADS aren't supported here, please read the rules.

Deleting the HBC from the settings menu only deletes the title, the ticket remains on the wii, i believe. You could use anytitle deleter to delete the title and ticket, but you'd still have evidence of the homebrew channel on the message board. Maybe if you did a system format, and then updated, it would delete every trace. But it would also delete everything else on your wii, and that wouldn't be good....
July 16, 2009 12:33AM
SifJar
if you hadnt yet installed it, it is possible to run homebrew without leaving traces, but now you have HBC, you cant get rid of all traces.

i like the sound of that tell me more!
July 16, 2009 12:34AM
July 16, 2009 03:12AM
Aus_chipper
SifJar
if you hadnt yet installed it, it is possible to run homebrew without leaving traces, but now you have HBC, you cant get rid of all traces.

i like the sound of that tell me more!
Simply run homebrew with Bannerbomb or the Twilight Hack.
July 16, 2009 11:44AM
Exactly. Or run loadmii with one of those and you can then choose exactly what homebrew you want to run, instead of having to change the boot.dol/boot.elf every time. Its kinda like having HBC, only not installed on your wii, just run from an exploit. this leaves no trace on the wii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login