Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why won't bannerbomb work on my wii.

Posted by Eyyoshi 
Why won't bannerbomb work on my wii.
July 17, 2009 12:48AM
I'm doing every step correctly and I've tried every aad1f file they have. My Wii version is 4.0U and the SD card I'm using goes to a camera. I rename Installer to boot.elf and put both unzipped boot.elf and aad1f files onto the root of my SD card. But when I go to the SD thing on the wii, not the little SD card icon at the bottom left, the message pops up but it says "/boot.dol can not be opened". It's really getting frustrating because a friend of mine has the same exact Wii version as I have and she got homebrew/Bannerbomb whatever.

The only thing that come to mind that might possibly have a factor in my unsuccessful attempts would be the time when I opened the installer with adobe. I didn't do anything to it I closed it, however the adobe symbol stayed with the installer. Maybe that's why it isn't working? If so then I don't know how to get rid of that symbol.

I don't understand why it isn't working help plox.
Re: Why won't bannerbomb work on my wii.
July 17, 2009 01:19AM
Opening it with adobe shouldnt be a problem. the reason it still has the icon is windows now associates that file type with adobe. changing that would require diving into the registry or getting extra software, and is unnecessary. but back to the problem - have you tried other bannerbomb files? Is wiiconnect24 off? is there a game in?
July 17, 2009 01:39AM
SifJar
Opening it with adobe shouldnt be a problem. the reason it still has the icon is windows now associates that file type with adobe. changing that would require diving into the registry or getting extra software, and is unnecessary. but back to the problem - have you tried other bannerbomb files? Is wiiconnect24 off? is there a game in?

wiiconnect24 and a game inside the Wii can make it not load? Well actually yeah wiiconnect24 is on and brawl is in the Wii.
July 17, 2009 04:22PM
turn it off and take it out. i believe these cause problems with bannerbomb. try again with wc24 off and no game in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login