Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with 4.1?

Posted by Sebastian_Z 
Problems with 4.1?
July 18, 2009 06:32PM
Okay, so I'm a newbie (otherwise I wouldn't be there.) One of my friends recently installed the homebrew channel, bootmii, DVDx and other stuff on his Wii, and he's doing all right... but he has wii menu 4.0 I was *recently* convinced to install all of this, the problem is, I also recently upgraded to the Wii Menu 4.1

so my question is: can I install all of this having the 4.1 menu without my Wii being bricked? I'm aware that "Copy protected save files which were copied to the SD card through a previously patched system menu can NOT be copied back", but I'm not sure what this means exactly.
Re: Problems with 4.1?
July 18, 2009 06:49PM
Copy protected save files (Like SSBB) which have been copied to SD through homebrew cannot be copied back. 4.1 is exactly the same towards homebrew as 4.0. You won't be able to install some of the good stuff, but you'll be fine.
July 18, 2009 07:14PM
You're fine.
July 18, 2009 07:30PM
metroid_maniac
You won't be able to install some of the good stuff, but you'll be fine.

mmm... then maybe I should wait until a workaround is found so I can install some of the "good stuff". XD
July 18, 2009 09:00PM
there is not much homebrew that wont work on 4.1. the only things that wont are warez stuff, which are illegal and not necessary, and very dangerous apps, that as a newbie, you should stay away from, as you dont need them, and they're only useful for people with a lot of knowledge on the subject. and there are workarounds, but they're not supported here, and i'd advise you dont try them as they are quite risky. on 4.1 you have no trouble installing HBC, DVDx and BootMii, which are the most important bits.
July 18, 2009 09:45PM
yeah, those are pretty much the only ones I want to install - I definitely have no interest in installing other stuff. good to know my Wii won't get itself bricked because I updated the Wii Menu, thanks.
July 18, 2009 09:48PM
Sebastian_Z
yeah, those are pretty much the only ones I want to install - I definitely have no interest in installing other stuff. good to know my Wii won't get itself bricked because I updated the Wii Menu, thanks.

What are pretty much the only ones you want to install?
July 18, 2009 10:02PM
SifJar
on 4.1 you have no trouble installing HBC, DVDx and BootMii, which are the most important bits.

those ones :)

I really don't need anything else, right?
July 18, 2009 10:14PM
Nah. With those you will be able to run pretty much anything.
July 18, 2009 10:20PM
Yep, thats all that is needed really. That will allow you to play nice homebrew games ( for FREE :) ), and to use homebrew apps, such as turning your wii into a media centre and the like. have fun ;)
July 18, 2009 10:21PM
Backup you Wii as soon as you install bootmii.
July 18, 2009 10:26PM
SifJar
Yep, thats all that is needed really. That will allow you to play nice homebrew games ( for FREE :) ), and to use homebrew apps, such as turning your wii into a media centre and the like. have fun ;)

wuu, definitely sounds like fun :D

metroid_maniac
Backup you Wii as soon as you install bootmii.

yup, good advice, I'll definitely do that too. thanks for everything guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login