Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP HELP PLEASE! (super mario war)

Posted by antipure0 
HELP HELP PLEASE! (super mario war)
July 25, 2009 02:56AM
Ok so i go on the homebrew channel and put in my sd card and try to load super mario war but then it goes black screen then it goes back to normal.... i put the "super mario war wii 1.2" file in the apps but it does not show up when i put it in the homebrew chaneel please help!!!!
Re: HELP HELP PLEASE! (super mario war)
July 25, 2009 02:59AM
Okay, make sure your SD card is like this (and that you've unzipped the downloaded file) root:/apps/SMW/boot.dol,etc.

And, on the root of the SD card, I'm pretty sure the download comes with a folder called "data" or something like that....Put it on the root of your SD card.

Hope that helps! :)
July 25, 2009 03:01AM
i hope it works im putting on wii right now...
July 25, 2009 03:09AM
omg dude it did not work i got the SMW file and put some boot dol files in it where all the maps and other files are for game but did not work............
July 25, 2009 03:11AM
Ok, if you can't figure it out, just get the Homebrew Browser and download it from there.....Do you even know how to put an app on your SD card? Or is it just SMW you're having trouble with.
July 26, 2009 01:40AM
Okey-Dokey, here is a complete tutorial on how to run Super Mario War.

Download this. Extract it, and then open the extracted folder (Super Mario War Wii). Open the "apps" folder inside of it, and then drag the "smw-wii" folder into the "apps" folder on the root of the SD card (if you don't already have one, make one. If you don't know how to do that, all you do is right click in the open space on the root of your SD card, and then click "new folder". Name it "apps".) Next, take the the folder labeled "smw", and put it on the root of the SD card. Then, launch it through the HBC.

I hope that helps. I don't think I can simplify it anymore, sorry. Ask if you still don't understand. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 01:41AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 26, 2009 04:39PM
Well I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to wii homebrew but for some reason super Mario war wii won't work.
It will get to the screen where it says "a contribute to ..." and at the bottom it will say loading and then I get a code dump. I have tried the one from the hbb and from the wiki and 3 different SD cards. So please help, this game looks awesome (but I've never played it)
thanks in advance
July 26, 2009 06:12PM
Take out all external devices before you launch the app. Sometimes that causes a problem. Also, make sure you have the SMW folder on the root of your SD card.

I don't know why people are having problems, everything works fine for me......Also, make sure you're using the latest version of SMW and the HBC. :)
July 26, 2009 07:27PM
Yah, I'm getting some of the same problems with a few select homebrew apps, Even the one that i have downloaded from the homebrew browser. It is probably a bug.
July 26, 2009 08:23PM
Yeah I don't have any external things plugged in (first thing I checked) and yes I have the smw folder on the root. As I said I have downloaded it from wiibrew and hbb so have no clue what is going wrong
July 27, 2009 06:47PM
Hmmm, was SMWv1.2 released before HBC 1.0.3 was released, or after? Because if SMW came out before 1.0.3, it might just need to be recompiled......Thats something you'd need to contact the developer about...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login