Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb won't work!

Posted by rapcon 
Bannerbomb won't work!
July 08, 2009 08:05AM
Hello,

I've been trying to install the homebrew channel onto the wii through the different versions on the bannerbomb.qoid.us site. I have version 4.0U and can't get any of the 11 bannerbomb alpha versions to work. I might be doing something wrong.

ex: I have a completely clear 2.0gb sd card.
I download aadd1f v108.zip, extract it with Winrar. I then remove the private folder from that file and place it onto the sd card.
I download the Hackmii installer from the Bootmii site and extract the files. I rename the "installer.elf" file to "boot.elf",

I placed the boot.elf file in the private folder and the wii froze. The second time I placed the boot.elf file next to the private folder and it froze.

I did this with all of the versions and either it said could not be opened or the wii froze. I did process of trial and error.

Any tips?
Re: Bannerbomb won't work!
July 08, 2009 09:25AM
Your SD should look like

private
-wii
--atkn
---(forgotten)
boot.elf
July 08, 2009 01:23PM
boot.elf should be on the root, not in the private folder. The private folder must also be in the root. Also if you have a previous private folder, move/rename it, then copy the bannerbomb private folder.
July 08, 2009 05:09PM
so you rename the old private folder, say, to privateold
copy the bannerbomb private folder on SD, along with the boot.elf.
once you've installed everything, delete the private folder and boot.elf and rename back the privateold folder.

don't copy anything to your SD with bannerbomb on it.
July 08, 2009 08:12PM
It sounds like you might be going to the SD Menu. Try going to Wii Data Management, Channels, and then click on the SD Card tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 08:12PM by MattMan.
where to get bannerbomb
July 28, 2009 11:03PM
i am trying to get the bannerbomb file, but i dont know where to go. ive tried going to http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/, but it just says "403 forbidden". when u dowload it, does it turn into the "private" folder? does anyone know where to download bannerbomb?
please email me or message me.

infowarsdotkom@gmail.com

myspace.com/911-was-an-inside-job
help
July 28, 2009 11:08PM
rite now my sd card only has boot.elf on it. what do i do next? im having a lot of trouble, please help.
July 28, 2009 11:56PM
Use this link to download the private folder. Just put it on the root of your SD card, and navigate to data management/channels/SD card, and a message will pop up asking if you want to load boot.dol/elf. Click yes, and you'll get the hackmii installer screen. Install whatever you want from there. good luck!! :D

Edit: the private folder is aad1f_v108.zip, just so you know. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 11:58PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login