Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVD playback - nothing happens

Posted by lazerpld 
DVD playback - nothing happens
July 29, 2009 03:00PM
Hi all,

I just installed the the bannerhack. It all seemingly went well with no errors or hangs. Now with the hackmii installer i installed the homebrew channel and the dvdx app via the all-in-one installer. This also went fine. Now the first time i started the homebrew channel i went in an chose the menu mplayer. I started up just fine with a nice background and a series of menu items. Now i put in a original dvd and pressed the DVD-video button. From here i clicked the "Play DVD" and could hear the dvd-drive spin up. But nothing happens hereafter. Now, have i done something wrong - did i miss something to install or what could be wrong here?

Hoping that someone can help me out here - thank you in advance :)
Re: DVD playback - nothing happens
July 29, 2009 03:12PM
Are you using mPlayer CE?
July 29, 2009 03:16PM
No, just the player that came with the hackmii all-in-one installer. I am currently trying out the homebrew browser and downloading the mplayer christmas edition as we speak. So ill get back to you as soon as i have tried it. THanks for swift answer!
July 29, 2009 03:59PM
Now i installed the Mplayer CE but the same problem occurs here. It sais "Mounting DVD" the drive spins up, but still no action. I have tried with 3 different DVDs now. One american, one European (both original) and now i have tried a copied one. None of them work - so something must be wrong..

I hope that someone knows this issue
July 29, 2009 04:17PM
In mplayer ce try pressing play libnavdvd
July 29, 2009 04:21PM
Its all the same. Drive spins up but nothing at all happens.
July 29, 2009 06:02PM
hmm... maybe try a different SD card or try a reinstall of DVDx from the hackmii installer.
July 29, 2009 06:21PM
Sounds like identical symptoms to my problems discussed here and here

As yet, I haven't foud a fix. All the things I've tried have failed :(

All the fixes I have tried are basically around reinstalling DVDx, but it just seems to have been totally broken :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 06:21PM by CIsor.
July 30, 2009 12:22PM
lazerpld
No, just the player that came with the hackmii all-in-one installer.

This confuses me. There is no player with the hackmii installer. There is only HBC, DVDx and BootMii. None of those are DVD playing apps. DVDx ALLOWS other apps to play DVDs, such as MPlayer CE, but it is not a player. What player are you talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login