Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TOTALLY NEW (NEWB)

Posted by BranWildman 
TOTALLY NEW (NEWB)
July 28, 2009 05:17AM
alright, bare with me. im not really entirely sure that i know what i did. i formatted my SD to the right specs, copied Private and boot.elf to mySD then opened it on the wii..it worked fine but when i open the channel all i get is a blue screen with bubbles..and 2 icons at the bottom that im not sure of what they are(not a lizard or globe)..so here is where i get lost. i have read about the twilight hack but, i dont want to buy the game only to get homebrew to work..i tried banner bomb but the wii wouldnt open it...pls help meh here. im a lost newb :(
Re: TOTALLY NEW (NEWB)
July 28, 2009 05:19AM
You need to put apps to run through the HBC. There's a list of them here. Good luck! :D

[www.wiibrew.org]

I'd suggest getting the Homebrew Browser Application. :)
July 28, 2009 05:21AM
okay. thanks a bunch!...oh wait...just any of the apps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 05:21AM by BranWildman.
July 28, 2009 05:24AM
Yep. Any of the apps. But again, I'd suggest getting the homebrew browser app. From that app, you can download all the other apps without having to put your SD card in the computer. :)
July 28, 2009 05:25AM
oh! sweet, and again thanks a TON :D
July 28, 2009 05:28AM
sorry.. i keep coming back
but did i mention i havent done the Twilight Hack?

???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 05:43AM by BranWildman.
July 28, 2009 05:49AM
i tried launching from HBC but all i get is the blue screen...i cannot do a thing..i try to launch BootMii but my system freezes
any ideas?
July 28, 2009 06:05AM
Erm, ya, you need to put apps on the HBC. When you launch it, do you get a blue screen with bubbles?
July 28, 2009 06:07AM
July 28, 2009 06:18AM
Then you need to get some apps. To do that, follow my instructions:

On the root of your SD card, make a folder called apps. next, download the app you want to come up in the HBC (lets take the Homebrew Browser for an example), and extract it. Take the extracted homebrew browser folder and put it in the apps folder on your SD card. Launch the HBC, and it should come up.

If you need more help, ask! :D
July 28, 2009 06:34AM
!!! earlier i erased my HBC channel and planned on re-installing it but couldnt find my download...where can i get the HBC download(not hackmii)
July 28, 2009 06:37AM
Hackmii is the HBC download. Its bundled with it. You need to use hackmii to install it.
July 28, 2009 07:02AM
July 28, 2009 05:08PM
Ohhhh...wow im really sorry..this hasnt made much sense..im gettin it :D
July 30, 2009 05:22AM
There are some cool tutorials on youtube; step-by-step videos-that would paint a picture of what you are trying to accomplish; also do a search through your preferred search engine with the right key words to get a better perspective.
July 30, 2009 06:08AM
Not all YouTube tutorials are safe though...
July 30, 2009 11:26PM
Velox
There are some cool tutorials on youtube; step-by-step videos-that would paint a picture of what you are trying to accomplish; also do a search through your preferred search engine with the right key words to get a better perspective.
All youtube video tutorials are horrible, created by morons who can't comprehend what an IOS, and generally distribute illegal software. You'd do best to stay far away from youtube tutorials.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login