Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black screen at startup

Posted by ccfman2004 
Black screen at startup
July 31, 2009 08:27AM
After using DOP-IOS to Dop IOS60, at first I got a garbled error message, now all I get is a black screen.

I do have BootMii b2 installed as well as the Homebrew Channel.

Here is the interesting part:

When I boot into the Homebrew Channel, I have no wii remote support. If I press a button on the wii remote, the player indicators blink a few times and then it turns off.

If I use Gecko OS 1.9.1 to boot a Wii game, the Wii remote works perfectly and I can turn the Wii on with the Wii remote so the bluetooth module has to be good.

The System Menu 4.0 is there as reported by BootMii b2. I have also tried reinstalling IOS60 via patchmii.

Why am I getting a black screen at startup and why does the Wii remote not work in the Homebrew channel?

Any Ideas?
Re: Black screen at startup
July 31, 2009 02:10PM
Hmm... What else did you install other than IOS 60
July 31, 2009 02:37PM
You've messed up IOS60. This is the System Menu IOS for 4.0. You need to get it back. Try downloading IOS 60 with NUSD and installing it with WAD Manager.
July 31, 2009 03:10PM
or try reinstalling it with dop-IOS since you have bootmii boot2
July 31, 2009 03:53PM
Or, as recommended, use WiiSCU.
August 02, 2009 11:38PM
The problem is that I have NO WII REMOTE support in any Homebrew App.

I have already tried reinstalling IOS60 using a modified version of Patchmii that does not need any input to download and install IOS's

If I use Gecko OS to boot a Wii disc, the Wii remote works and I can play the game. In the Homebrew Channel and homebrew apps, the wii remote DOES NOT WORK.

Any other suggestions
August 03, 2009 11:54AM
If you have a GC controller, I think you can use it to install IOS 60 using at least some of the methods above, if not all. Oh, and you could try uninstalling and reinstalling HBC with the HackMii Installer.
August 03, 2009 01:32PM
All of the homebrew used to install IOS, such as wad manager, DOP-IOS, and WiiSCU only work with a Wii remote and I have already tried reinstalling the HBC using the hackmii installer as that is the only homebrew that I can actually use the GC Controller with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 01:32PM by ccfman2004.
August 03, 2009 02:36PM
WAD Manager definetly works with GC controller...

Anyway, try booting one of them (WiiSCU probably) with bannerbomb/twilight hack, see if you can use Wii Remote. You can use remote fine outside of HBC and homebrew right? Like in system menu, vc/wiiware games and disc games?
August 03, 2009 04:44PM
The problem is, as the thread title says, when I boot the Wii, all I get is a BLACK SCREEN.

I am at System Menu 4.0 but cannot boot to it.

The only thing that boots is bootmii which lets me launch the HBC.

Unless there is a custom version of WAD Manager that supports GC Controllers that is not on Waninkoko's site, the GC Controller does not work in the WAD Manager.

As stated in the first post, the Wii Remote works in Wii Games.

To sum it up:
System Menu does not work despite reinstalling it several times
The Wii Remote only works in Wii games
Only the GC Controller works in the HBC and Homebrew so any homebrew that does not support a GC Controller will not work.
August 03, 2009 05:16PM
Ah, yeah, sorry, forgot what thread this was in. Was just replying to last post without considering rest of thread. soz.

But I'm almost certain there is a version of WAD Manager which works with GC controller.
August 03, 2009 07:05PM
If you come across it, please let me know.
August 03, 2009 10:19PM
[lmgtfy.com]

Third result. I mean come on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 10:20PM by SifJar.
August 03, 2009 11:56PM
Don't know why I did not think of search the web.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login