Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew games on CD?

Posted by ebwhittaker 
Homebrew games on CD?
August 18, 2009 05:14PM
OK, I am officially an old person but I did actually manage to download, unzip, etc and get the Homebrew and a few games on the SD card and, wow, it actually worked .... Unreal
Now, is there a way to put a lot of games on a CD rather than the SD card?

Also is there any internet explorer programs out there? Would be nice to surf the net, etc from the couch in the morning over coffee - LOL

thanks
ed
Re: Homebrew games on CD?
August 18, 2009 05:59PM
DVD would be possible, CD not. Because the Wii's drive cannot read CDs. Its a hardware limitation, completely impossible. And on DVDs, you still have to launch a homebrew first, so you have to start HBC, then run the homebrew, then put in the disc, then run the actual homebrew you want. So you still need an SD card, and it takes much more effort. Its much easier just to have everything on the SD card.

And as for internet, there is no homebrew internet browser. There is the official Internet Channel which you have to pay for, or you could use one of the Wii Linux distros, if you have wired internet (You need the USB LAN adapter, Linux doesn't work with WiFi on the Wii yet), and then run firefox or something. But you need wired internet, and I think it still isn't great. You're best to get the official Internet Channel, or wait on one of the two homebrew internet browsers that are being made.

Sorry if I confused you at any point, if you need anything explained in more detail give me a shout.
Re: Homebrew games on CD?
August 19, 2009 04:54PM
Thanks ... old but not senile LOL --- so I'll just continue to use the SD card .... and wait on the Browser - Seems stupid to pay for one ... they should have supplied it with the machine .... yea right!

anyway, thanks
Ed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login