Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Card Copying...does it work?

Posted by ICEing 
SD Card Copying...does it work?
August 19, 2009 09:19PM
Just a quick question...if I wanted to copy everything I have on my current SD card to a new one, will everything work on the new one? Such as all the apps, and saves, and stuff like bootmii?
Re: SD Card Copying...does it work?
August 19, 2009 09:25PM
Yes. Everything will work. even channels and saves (I think)
August 19, 2009 10:41PM
Yeah channels and saves too
August 20, 2009 12:07AM
Ok cool. Actually I wanna keep the bootmii stuff on my current SD card, and that only. So I just delete everything except the bootmii folder right? And Im looking at purchasing a 2 GB SD Card. Will that work or is that too much for the Wii?
August 20, 2009 12:47AM
The bootmii folder contains everything that bootmii needs, if you want bootmii to work with that card then keep the folder there.

2GB SD cards should work with the Wii console, support for SDHC cards has been included in the 4.0 System Menu update which supposedly extends the support to 32 gigabytes.
August 20, 2009 04:51AM
OboeNerd
The bootmii folder contains everything that bootmii needs, if you want bootmii to work with that card then keep the folder there.

2GB SD cards should work with the Wii console, support for SDHC cards has been included in the 4.0 System Menu update which supposedly extends the support to 32 gigabytes.

Thanks. I have System Menu 3.4 I dont want to update to 4.0 so 2 gigs still works correct?
August 20, 2009 12:40PM
2GB will be fine. Its only SDHC for 4GB and above.
August 20, 2009 10:02PM
SifJar
2GB will be fine. Its only SDHC for 4GB and above.
Thanks. So basically how I copy is take all the folders out my current SD card, then move them to the desktop, put in my new SD Card, and copy them all to the new one. And this wont screw anything?
August 20, 2009 10:30PM
That's right, and it should be fine. Keep the files on your first card until you have confirmed them working on the new card, as copying COULD (incredibly slight chance) corrupt the files/card.
August 20, 2009 10:40PM
SifJar
That's right, and it should be fine. Keep the files on your first card until you have confirmed them working on the new card, as copying COULD (incredibly slight chance) corrupt the files/card.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login