Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

boot 1 wont let boot2 go through

Posted by revnmaynard 
boot 1 wont let boot2 go through
August 23, 2009 02:48AM
my system was a 3.3u now a 3.2 u. everything was going great until i opened the homebrew channel and it asked if i wanted to update to system 1.0.3 I agreed and it froze mid download now i cant open the homebrew channel. what can i do to fix this? when i tried to use the bannerbomb it states " boot 1 unable to let boot 2 install (-2) .any ideas?
Re: boot 1 wont let boot2 go through
August 23, 2009 03:01AM
That boot 1 message is refering to bootmii. Just use the hackmii installer to re-install the HBC... Since you are on 3.2 you will need to install IOS61 with WiiSCU
August 23, 2009 03:11AM
thats my question. how can i use the hackmii installer and wiiscu if i cant open the homebrew channel to get to my sd card to run the applications?
August 23, 2009 03:25AM
Run WiiSCU with bannerbomb
August 23, 2009 03:27AM
Yep just like you would with the hackmii installer (but with a different boot.dol)
August 23, 2009 04:13AM
it wont let me when i try it says exactly " the installed boot1 version prevents a boot 2 install (-2)
so are you saying put bannerbomb and wiiscu into the root of my sd card and go to wii data, and then channels then on sd. is this correct???
August 23, 2009 05:00AM
August 23, 2009 05:04AM
do i need to run hackmii first the same way in the root of sd card then data then channels
August 23, 2009 06:06AM
No, run WiiSCU first (make it boot.dol on the root of the SD card)
August 23, 2009 01:40PM
Run WiiSCU with bannerbomb and install IOS61-trucha.
Then run HackMii Installer with bannerbomb, and select Homebrew Channel. Ignore the boot1 thing, its ot nothing to do with HBC.
Select uninstall Homebrew Channel. Let it do it.
Then select Install Homebrew Channel.
Then exit the HackMii Installer, and HBC should work.

You may not need to do the first step if you use HackMii Installer 0.3, the bug which meant you had to do that may have been fixed. Try just downloading HackMii Installer 0.3 from [bootmii.org] and going from the second step. If that doesn't work, do the first step and then repeat the others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login