Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

made a mistake please help

Posted by mrespada 
made a mistake please help
August 22, 2009 08:32AM
hi so today i bought a Kingston MicroSDHC 4GB comes with a tiny adapter and then goes into the big one...

well i tried following a "Noob's guide to homebrew" on my wii 4.1U and for some reason my SD card would not work in some steps 0.o.. not sure which ones as i am completely lost.

anyway i tried to get my wii back to the original state and have the nand.bin saved, but i forgot where to put it on my sd card.. any help?

and i put the nand.bin on the root before i asked this question, and when i went to run it, it said some weird message and to continue to press " A+B+X+Y"... where is the x and y buttons on my wii?????

uhh! any suggestions on how to go about this... i just want to start fresh again(with new sd card maybe not a SDHC)
Re: made a mistake please help
August 22, 2009 09:19AM
mrespada
and i put the nand.bin on the root before i asked this question, and when i went to run it, it said some weird message and to continue to press " A+B+X+Y"... where is the x and y buttons on my wii?????
that probably means a gamecube controller. what are you running?
August 22, 2009 02:57PM
And where did you find this guide?
August 22, 2009 03:28PM
That's for restoring a backup in BootMii/IOS if I'm not mistaken, which is something VERY risky. You should only do it if you are absolutely SURE you know what you're doing. And considering you didn't know those were GC controller buttons, I highly doubt you do.

Is the guide full of fail like WADs cIOS and backup loaders? If so, PM the link, so I can see what exxactly you have done to your wii, and can hopefully guide you how to reverse it.

I advise against restoring the NAND dump, because obviously you don't have bootmii as boot2.
August 22, 2009 08:36PM
linked remove for the reasons below me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 09:45PM by mrespada.
August 22, 2009 09:04PM
I'd remove that link, it links to warez and risks the thread being closed, stopping us from helping you. To others, its basically cIOS, patched IOS60 (illegal download of it), a few other IOS WADs, illegal channel. And possibly (if he decided to install them, they're "optional" in the guide) USB Loader and cIOScorp. Did you do those optional ones? What system menu are you on now?
August 22, 2009 09:46PM
no i didn't install the optional parts as i was having problems and didn't want to further cause problems. im on 4.1U
August 22, 2009 10:55PM
ok so after meddling with things i tried to reinstall the hbc, which it did and i put the Homebrew launcher and it will not detech my sd card (4gb micro SDHC) i formated to FAT32 and nothing, so i tried another app, the paint one and it wont show up at all.

so either my SD card is the culprit or my wii after all my fail is just messed up... so is there a way to go clean and then try again with a regular sd card(going to have buy one)?
August 22, 2009 11:25PM
My advice would be this. Find cIOS Uninstaller and run it, uninstalling cIOS. Then run WAD Manager and uninstall the Neogamma WAD by finding it and pressing minus on it. Then run a WiFi update, which should put all your IOS back to normal condition. (Dont worry that you're on 4.1, I think it'll still update your downgraded/patched IOS). Finally run the HackMii Installer via bannerbomb, and uninstall and reinstall HBC. Also install BootMii if you can install as boot2, and install DVDx (not really necessary, but good to have and it does no harm).
August 23, 2009 05:46AM
thank you so much for the help, i will try this tomorrow morning!
August 23, 2009 01:34PM
No problem, hope it all works out for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login