Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Card content not recognized; please help installing HBC

Posted by he_man2003 
Card content not recognized; please help installing HBC
August 23, 2009 04:29PM
Hi all,

first of all sorry for posting such a newbie question, and just wanna say glad to find this forum!

I have a SanDisk 4GB SDHC, and try to install HBC because I'd like to use the Duplicate Channel Remover app.
So these are my steps:
- Downloading the recommended version of Bannerbomb (tried 3 versions until now), extract this, so that I got a "private" folder with the structure inside: private/wii/title/aktn/content.bin
- Download the hackmii_installer_beta3, extract and copy the boot.elf into the root (there's no boot.dol as described in README file

My Wii has the latest firmware 4.1, PAL version
- When I inserted the SD card and go to this through the Data management , the card shows no content; and Wii doesn't freeze as well
- If I click directly the SD-Icon it freezes (as described)

Any hints on this problem?
Would be very thankful for any replies

regards
Re: Card content not recognized; please help installing HBC
August 23, 2009 04:36PM
Make SURE you are going into channels, not saves. The version of Bannerbomb you are using might not work. Try again with a different version. The SD menu doesn't work with Bannerbomb.
August 23, 2009 05:06PM
hi metroid maniac...

you're right... I was in save data...please apologize :)
and thanks for the quick reply...
now..its time for homebrewing :)
August 23, 2009 05:08PM
While you're homebrewing, stay away from GBAtemp. Don't follow the guides there. Any DEFINITELY don't install cIOScorp.
August 23, 2009 06:00PM
ok..thanks...but what is cIOScorp?
August 23, 2009 06:01PM
It's an app that REALLY f***s up the Wiis software.
August 23, 2009 06:04PM
good to know..thanks for the warning:)
August 23, 2009 06:05PM
You're welcome. Stay away from GBAtemp and you'll be fine. If you have any doubts ask here.
August 23, 2009 06:06PM
Basically, the Wii has loads of things called IOS (thats plural). cIOS is a custom IOS (singular), which is used to play pirated games and install WADs (pirated VC and WW games). cIOScorp installs cIOS to every IOS on the Wii, which allows you to play burnt games in the disc channel, but messes up nearly everything else in your Wii. Even people on GBAFail call it cIOScrap. Stay away at all costs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login