Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What EXACTLY can you do with Homebrew

Posted by wale710 
What EXACTLY can you do with Homebrew
August 23, 2009 08:34PM
From what i've read im not entirely sure.. With homebrew can i download normal wii games without actually having them? or can i only use cheats if i already have the game? and also can i download gamecube games N64 games etc, or can i only put cheats on them

Thanks in advance :3
Re: What EXACTLY can you do with Homebrew
August 23, 2009 08:48PM
Well, there are ways of playing illegal copies of wii and gamecube games, but none of them are supported here (and the ways are dangerous too, and you may brick (break) your wii if you try to use them).

Cheats can be used in both wii and gamecube games without risk of bricking.

There is a nintendo 64 emulator in development so you will be able to play N64 games in the future (if the development goes as it should). To play N64 games you must download roms (=games). We don't link to roms on these forums, but they're easy to find using google.

I also recomment FCEU GX, Snes9x GX and VBA GX which are 3 excellent emulators for NES, SNES and GB/GBC/GBA which means you can play NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA games provided you download roms.

What I too recommend is all the homebrew games. All homebrew games on this site are made by developers who distribute them for free. And some of them are actually really fun. Check out this video: [www.youtube.com]

Also there are movie and music players like MPlayer CE which allows you to play music and movies from a DVD / external hard drive / USB stick (I think).
August 23, 2009 08:50PM
Thanks =], and one last question is there anyway to get wiiware games for free using this? or is that illegal.. please excuse my newbiness
August 23, 2009 08:59PM
That is piracy and illegal
August 23, 2009 09:02PM
okay thanks =]
August 23, 2009 10:33PM
no problem and remember stay away from GBAtemp it is all (mostly) illegal stuff and every other word is "backup" or "wad"
August 23, 2009 11:44PM
generally speaking, if youre getting something you usually have to pay for but for free, its illegal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login