Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to this and require assistance :(

Posted by Shadowlinkex 
New to this and require assistance :(
August 26, 2009 07:18PM
A friend mentioned the HC for Wii one of the past few days and I started getting into it yesterday; however it's beyond my knowledge on the correct steps to install the HC. Quite frankly, I was succesful yesterday and attempted to use Ocarina as well but it didn't function. It searched for codes for Smash Bros. Brawl but kept searching so I figured I must have done soemthing wrong. I have already updated to Ver. 4 for the Wii System and searched if there were possible solutions. i found Bannerbomb and attempted anotehr installation but failed again. Can someone assist me in the installation steps? I read the README files but can't really udnerstand them properly. What I want to end up with the HC Channel is the HC Channel itself and the ability to use Ocarina. (I've seen on youtube vids that some peopel had Ocarina as a channel; is it truly an app for the HC or just another new channel?)

Huge thanks in advance.
Re: New to this and require assistance :(
August 26, 2009 07:31PM
What the hell is an "HC" ?
August 26, 2009 07:36PM
Doesn't that satnd for Homebrew Channel? :\
August 26, 2009 07:40PM
No. That would be HBC.

Regarding your problem, you should be using Gecko OS, not Ocarina.
August 26, 2009 07:41PM
I see... Alright thanks. But then, what exactly is the purpose of the ocarina app Ii've been downloading yesterday then?
August 26, 2009 07:54PM
Ocarina is a cheat app. But Gecko OS now has orcarina built it, and is still updated and mantained. Orcarina is not.
August 26, 2009 07:57PM
Oh alrite I get it. One last question. In order to install gecko, I need to have HCB already installed right?
I'm attempting the HBC isntallation again but it won't pop up in the wii channel option(supposdely where a message pops up to begin installations).
I have wiiload(folder), boot.elf, credits, lisence, readme - HBC, readme - bootmii stored at the root of my SD card. Do I need to do something specifically to activate the installation process in the wii channel option?
August 26, 2009 08:00PM
you need bannerbomb. Download it, extract it and copy the folder "private" to the root of your card.
August 26, 2009 08:21PM
Ok, it worked. The HBC is installed. Now, when I open it, I get a screen full of bubbles. I also put the files from an unofficial version of Gecko into the root of my sd card. When I go to the wii channels options, i get anotehr installation screen. i went along with it and got a new gecko screen. some options included Ocarina: on or off, region lock: free, language setting, etc. but when i try launching game, i get an exception screen, when i rpess A, it says "RESET". Did i do something wrong? oh and how would ocarina work from there?...

God, I ask a lot; sorry but this is a more complicated for me then i thought :(...
August 26, 2009 08:27PM
How is this complicated?

You installed the HBC, so remove Bannerbomb from your SD Card. Then the thing will stop popping up in the channels menu.

Launch GeckoOS with the HBC by simply placing it in the proper directory. It does not go in the root of your card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 08:27PM by Arikado.
August 26, 2009 08:32PM
Ok, if gecko does not go in the root, do I have to create a folder to place it in there; I remember a guide mentioning creating a folder called privateold.
August 26, 2009 08:33PM
August 26, 2009 08:33PM
put it in a folder called "apps". all other HBC apps go in there too.
August 26, 2009 08:34PM
Put gecko os on your card like this : apps/Gecko OS/boot.dol

Then run HBC and select Gecko OS. If there was an icon.png and a meta.xml, put them in the Gecko OS folder as well, along with boot.dol

And why are you using an unofficial version? Use the latest official one.
August 26, 2009 08:36PM
Latest official build is here: [www.wiibrew.org]
August 26, 2009 08:36PM
SifJar

And why are you using an unofficial version? Use the latest official one.

I think he means 1.9.2 as opposed to 1.07b, the latest by nuke

EDIT:
Gecko OS @Wiibrew.org
Gecko 1.8

brkirch has released Gecko 1.8 the successor to the Gecko OS. This unofficial build has been approved by the people responsible for the USB Gecko Nintendo Wii hacking/cheat code device. It has a lot of new features and a new GUI.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 08:39PM by metroid_maniac.
August 26, 2009 08:43PM
Ok, I downloaded the latest official version, but it contains no boot.dol files.

And I created an apps folder; along with a Gecko OS folder in the apps folder itself. All's I need right now is the boot.dol file but the latest official Gecko OS version does not have it.
August 26, 2009 08:46PM
You fail :-P

Take any .dol file it has and rename it to boot.
August 26, 2009 08:52PM
What can I say? I'm not so good at technology o__0

And I searched everhwehre but the file you led me to download contains no .dol file :\

the winrar file has Gecko_src, packer, and readme - License. I clicke don every folder but no .dol
August 26, 2009 08:57PM
You downloaded the binary and not the source release right?

(On the WiiBrew page, "Download" is the binary)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login