Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii help

Posted by wmiikeyy 
Bootmii help
September 01, 2009 12:36AM
Hi, if you see in my other thread my brother installed the hackmii stuff, i just found out it was version 1 so bootmii is version 1, i think my brother installed bootmii 1 as boot2 or whatever (but im not sure or neither is he) how do i found out if its installed as a ios, also, would updating bootmii to beta 3 as boot2 effect it? also, i deleted the homebrew channel via the managment thing. if i keep my sd card in the slot while booting bootmii comes up, but if i remove it and boot the wii menu comes up ( the only reason i want to do this is that i heard is that when you update bootmii it you can then remove bootmii)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 12:58AM by wmiikeyy.
Re: Bootmii help
September 01, 2009 12:54AM
1. If your wii turns on and there is a bootmii screen then it is boot2.
2. the only way updating bootmii would affect it is in a beneficial manner.
3. Yes if it is boot 2 it will pop up if the SD card with the right files is inserted on startup.
4. If it is boot2 it will boot up normally without the SD card
5. Bootmii is update resistant. Unless Nintendo releases a new version of boot2. (i think you were thinking of preloader)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 12:55AM by TopGun96.
September 01, 2009 12:56AM
"4. If it is boot2 it will boot up normally without the SD card"

do you mean bootmii or the wii channel menu
September 01, 2009 12:58AM
BootMii
September 01, 2009 01:01AM
Hehe i clicked "post" right as you moved the topic Arikado.

Sorry, I meant that the Wii System Menu would boot up regularly if the SD with the right files is not found

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:01AM by TopGun96.
September 01, 2009 01:03AM
:P. If i update bootmii and uninstall it, are all traces of it gone ( i have no intent of using homebrew or anynthing at all as i dont really need it)
September 01, 2009 01:05AM
Why? Homebrew is awesome. But i believe it will as there are no tickets involved in bootmii boot2 (right?)
September 01, 2009 01:08AM
TopGun96
Why? Homebrew is awesome. But i believe it will as there are no tickets involved in bootmii boot2 (right?)

just because that, i have no idea how to use homebrew or really have any need for the apps. + i dont want to mess up my wii or get bricked by nintendo (if ever nintendo are able to do that without breaking the law or anything)
September 01, 2009 01:49AM
They would have to rewrite law in order to brick you purposefully. If they did they would get an endless amount of law suits. If you stay away from apps that write to the NAND and you wont brick. It is not hard to learn how to use.
September 01, 2009 02:11AM
but doesn't bootmii write to your nand?
September 01, 2009 02:16AM
Sorry, should clear that up... Anything that is not written by Team Twiizers and writes to that NAND and you dont know what it does, stay away from.

Bootmii, DVDx, and HBC are all written by Team Twiizers and write to the NAND

Therefore, they are safe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 02:16AM by TopGun96.
September 01, 2009 02:20AM
oh right ok thanks :P this forum is great, if you read online, all people are saying that nintendo can brick your wii, saying stuff like previously having homebrew can get updates mucked up, just having homebrew stops updates, people are saying that using wad stuff and ios stuff is fine and are explaining stuff in a frightning way and a hard to understand way. Thanks alot :P
September 01, 2009 02:21AM
No problem and remember never ever go to gbafail (our nickname for gbatemp) for help always come here for help. (about wii stuff)
September 01, 2009 02:24AM
pahah ok :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login