Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm going around in Bootmii Ciircles

Posted by Siithelight 
I'm going around in Bootmii Ciircles
September 10, 2009 04:32PM
I cannot get bootmii to show me its screen with the 4 icons.

I installed bootmii as boot2 during this guide
link removed- by me (find a guide on wiibrew)

I have since checked and installed it again by putting the bootmii folder in apps- with the boot.elf, .ini, arm and ppc inside.

I have tried the boot.elf in the root of the SD, the folder in the root, the boot in the folder in the root.

I just want to back up my NAND. What am I missing?

Also- don't know if it is related- when I unzip the hackmii zipped pack, there is the boot.elf I'm using and also wiiload containing operating system folders. When I open the win32 and run the .exe from my pc something comes up quick but then closes lightning quick but doesn't appear to do anything.

Thanks for taking the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 07:18PM by Siithelight.
Re: I'm going around in Bootmii Ciircles
September 10, 2009 04:41PM
- Your SD card isn't compatible/detected. You may try reformatting your SD card in a different file system and/or cluster size. If it doesn't work, try using a different SD card that's confirmed to be compatible.
- The tutorial you use could be full of fail. It seems to contain instructions on how to install backup loaders, which are hated by most people here.

Ohh, and the wiiload thing is used to upload .elf/.dol files to Wii using the Internet and run them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 04:53PM by Matoking.
September 10, 2009 05:37PM
Thanks- I didn't do the backup loader thing- just the homebrew part.

Just to confirm- even though the SD works with all the other HB applications it can still not be detected?

Popping in to town now so I'll see if I can find a cheap one of the compatability list :)
September 10, 2009 06:07PM
HBC apps use Nintendo's provided IOSes, which explains why your SD card doesn't work with BootMii (which uses it's own "bios thingy", MINI or it could be the "stub", which is in the boot2 block itself)
You can also wait if they'll fix it in the next update, beta3 fixed the compatibility problem in one of my microSD cards. ;)

But yeah, don't use those guides. Use ones that are at Wiibrew, perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 06:07PM by Matoking.
September 10, 2009 06:22PM
Ha ha- well I know that now!

Perhaps if they include time travel in the next update I can go and fix that problem too.

Thanks for your help Matoking- that seems completely reasonable and a good explanation.
September 10, 2009 06:50PM
p.s. I have a 2gb sandisk ultra plus (folds in half for usb- like a primordial transformer!) if you want to update the list. Was tempted to go for the 1Gb version since that works with v2 whereas this one didn't then- but opted for an official wii one that is white :) They've really come down in price.
September 10, 2009 06:56PM
Shouldnt the link on how to install warez be removed?
September 10, 2009 07:19PM
Wii_Manic

I have diileted the link, well actually I riiplaced it with directions.

Happii? :)
September 10, 2009 07:26PM
you dont have to put "ii" into every other word.
September 10, 2009 08:27PM
Well I didn't before in my previous posts so let me have my moment of insanity. Okay, no more incorrect 'ii's.

I'm off skiing. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login