Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just installed homebrew on my Wii... Questions

Posted by richter1234 
Just installed homebrew on my Wii... Questions
September 11, 2009 12:52AM
Hello all,

I just softmodded my Wii, and I have a few questions. Before I get started, however, I would just like to apologize beforehand, as I'm sure the terminology I use will be inaccurate, but I'll try and be as precise as possible. That being said...

During the installation, I installed the IOS software (and not the Bootmii2), and I was wondering, if in order to continue using the Homebrew application, if the SD card I used will always have to remain in the Wii, or if I can simply take it out now that the installation is "complete."

Also, at the screen with all of the bubbles... I'm not exactly sure what to do there. I can bring up a menu, but when I select "Launch bootmii," nothing happens. The blue light on the Wii, where the game disc is inserted, flashes... but then nothing happens, even if there's a game in there. So, my question is, what exactly is the purpose of the "Launch Bootmii" function; to launch installed homebrew applications, which I (currently) have none of?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will have more questions as the days goes on. Also, I would just like to say, in closing, that I really appreciate all of the work TT and all other Homebrew supporters have put into making software like this, for the not-so-technically inclined gamer (such as myself).

Thanks for any and all help/advice,

Richter
Re: Just installed homebrew on my Wii... Questions
September 11, 2009 01:07AM
You have to put that applications on yourself. To do so, make a folder named apps on the root of your SD card. Download The Homebrew Browser App, unzip it, and then put the unzipped folder inside of the apps folder you created on the root of your SD card. When you launch the HBC, the app should appear. From there, you can download all the apps you want. Bootmii IOS has nothing to do with this.

As for why bootmii is not loading when you select it, I don't know why. At this stage of production, bootmii IOS is kind of useless. I would suggest installing bootmii as boot2, if you can.

If you need more help ask!! :D
Re: Just installed homebrew on my Wii... Questions
September 11, 2009 07:54AM
Check there is a "Bootmii" folder on sd with three files inside. If there isn't, run Hackmii again and go Bootmii>prepare SD card. It could be that Bootmii just doesn't support your SD card, though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login