Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to remove Homebrew Channel and the Backup Loader Channel?

Posted by LargeDoor 
How to remove Homebrew Channel and the Backup Loader Channel?
September 14, 2009 12:12AM
So, a couple months back one of my MSN buddies talked me through installed both those channels, but since then I have hardly every used them, so I am looking to remove them both completly from my Wii.

But my guess it isn't as easy as just going into the management screen and removing them from the channels there right?

So if anyone can help me out, I would be greatly appericated :)

Thanks in advance :)
Re: How to remove Homebrew Channel and the Backup Loader Channel?
September 14, 2009 12:32AM
uhh, we can't help with the backup loader, I don't even know if we can help with the removal, so I'm gonna let a Mod handle that, but I'm going to tell you right now, it's a good idea to not remove the homebrew channel, just get Homebrew Browser, there's much more good homebrew than you would think on there
September 14, 2009 12:53AM
Surely we can tell him how to remove it... But it would still be talking about backups...
September 14, 2009 01:01AM
Well, the biggest problem is that he's using a channel and I don't know it's TitleID so I can't tell him to remove it with AnyTitleDeleter, but to remove the capability and the HBC, just run ATD and delete IOS249 (DON'T DELETE ANY OTHER VERSIONS OF IOS) and the System Channel called HAXX and tell me the other channels listed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 01:02AM by cactusjack901.
September 14, 2009 01:05AM
cactusjack901
Well, the biggest problem is that he's using a channel and I don't know it's TitleID so I can't tell him to remove it with AnyTitleDeleter, but to remove the capability and the HBC, just run ATD and delete IOS249 (DON'T DELETE ANY OTHER VERSIONS OF IOS) and the System Channel called HAXX and tell me the other channels listed

Deleted the IOS249

Can't find the HAXX in System Channel Titles, but there is one in Installed Channel Titles. Should I delete that one?
September 14, 2009 01:10AM
yeah, that's the one, and tell me what other channels are there as well. also, I hope you didn't quit AnyTItleDeleter since removing IOS249 that may cause issues with removing things, nothing that can't be fixed, but we can't help you with it here
September 14, 2009 01:12AM
cactusjack901
yeah, that's the one, and tell me what other channels are there as well. also, I hope you didn't quit AnyTItleDeleter since removing IOS249 that may cause issues with removing things, nothing that can't be fixed, but we can't help you with it here

Nope I left it running :)

Okay, so after deleting HAXX the following remains;

BWGL
WFCP
HATP
JAAP
HAPP
NAEP
JADP
FA9P
HAJP
FAGP
JAIP
FAKP
MAJP
HADP
September 14, 2009 01:16AM
delete BWGL and you should be good, but NOTE: I am about 80% positive that's what you had, but not 100% it might be something else, but I'm not sure, I doubt it. I do not take responsibility if that was something you bought off the wii shop channel
September 14, 2009 01:19AM
cactusjack901
delete BWGL and you should be good, but NOTE: I am about 80% positive that's what you had, but not 100% it might be something else, but I'm not sure, I doubt it. I do not take responsibility if that was something you bought off the wii shop channel

Okay, I will take the risk :)

After deleting it, should I just reset my Wii? Or should I exit from the apptitle deleter software?
September 14, 2009 01:21AM
reset the wii, because you entered it from the HBC, it'll try to go back to it when you exit, and you deleted the HBC, so it'll lock up. I suggest reinstalling the HBC just so you always have the option of running homebrew if something catches your eye, I also suggest installing Bootmii so you always have a safety net, even if something goes wrong with an update from Nintendo, you have a safety net
September 14, 2009 01:25AM
Hurray! Both channels have gone! :D

Thanks very much for all your help! You have made me very happy <3

I might go back and install the Homebrew channel in the future, I just really wanted to get rid of the backup launcher channel :)

Thanks again for all your help! :D
September 14, 2009 01:26AM
hey, we're here to help, and I also PM'd you a direct line of contact with me if you need help in the future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login