Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What size SD card is recommended?

Posted by oscar 
What size SD card is recommended?
September 19, 2009 11:26PM
Hey, having not used my Wii in a while thanks to the lack of decent games, I figure it'd probably be a good idea to whack some homebrew on it. Can anyone recommend what size SD card I'd need for a couple of games like Guitar Hero, maybe some emulators?

Also, if my Wii hasn't been updated in a while (I haven't even turned it on since xmas) would it be better to use the Twilight Hack than the other one?

Cheers.
Re: What size SD card is recommended?
September 19, 2009 11:27PM
Any SD card is good. I use 2 GB, mainly because I had one spare, but also because I just managed to fit everything on there. 4 GB sould be more than enough.
September 19, 2009 11:28PM
I'd try bannerbomb first, and if that doesn't work, use the twilight hack. Its more reliable.

Also, I'd recommend probably like a 2gig SD card. If you want to use the media functions, though, i'd get a bigger size. You see, if you're not going to have a bunch of songs and movies and stuff to play, then i would use a 2gig.

Hope that helps. :)
If you have more questions, just ask! :D

Edit: Wow, maniac. You posted while I was posting mine lol. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 11:29PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 19, 2009 11:37PM
Thanks guys, and no I'm not planning on putting and music on there as I have it all on my pod, and any movies I can watch on tv, etc.

Also if I install an emulator will I have to download games onto my computer then copy then over, or is there an option to download on the Wii?

Cheers.
September 19, 2009 11:39PM
If you get an emulator you will need to find the games yourself on the computer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 11:39PM by metroid_maniac.
September 19, 2009 11:40PM
And we won't be able to give you links to them. You'll have to find them yourself, sorry.
September 19, 2009 11:51PM
Yeah, that's fine. I can find them myself, was just wondering if there would be a download option. Would make it a tad too easy really.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login