Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Putting my Nintendo DLC back on SD card?

Posted by Blacksheep 
Putting my Nintendo DLC back on SD card?
September 21, 2009 05:55AM
Hello everyone, I'm probably asking a dumb question here, but I did not see it in FAQ. Anyway, I got Homebrew installed along with the browser, it's all great and I'm currently watching a DVD on my Wii after playing some fun old PC games (I love this!) But I have a question about my old DLC content that I backed up to my laptop off my SD card. BeforeI formatted the card, I backed up my Nintendo DLC folder (games, GH songs etc) with the hope of restoring them to the SD card afterwards. However, I'm uncertain of how to do this, considering that the homebrew files are in a folder on the SD card named private, just like the file with my Nintendo DLC games/songs in it. So my question is, once homebrew is installed, do the files need to stay on the SD card for Homebrew to work? Or if I want to put my Nintendo downloads back on the card, is there a way I can rename the folder and still access it? When I tried to browse the SD card (after installed Wii brew) by clicking the icon on the main official Wii menu, my Wii froze up, so I'm leery of just sticking stuff on the SD card and just checking the SD browser to see if it's there, thinking it will freeze again.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
Re: Putting my Nintendo DLC back on SD card?
September 21, 2009 05:58AM
The private folder is no longer of any use. That just so you could use bannerbomb. You can delete it, and you can put your other private folder back on. :)
September 21, 2009 06:12AM
Thanks a ton! I'm doing it now, one more q, do I still need boot.elf on the root directory?

September 21, 2009 06:15AM
September 21, 2009 06:19AM
Awesome thanks again for the ultra speedy replies :) Deleted them now, hopefully with those gone and my old private folder back on the SD card, I can browse the card without the crashing anymore. Only other folders I have up now besides the necessary apps folder and my old private folder is one called bootmii (which I assume I need) and an installer.log file in the root directory. I'm gonna leave those and try this out.
September 21, 2009 06:36AM
Works like a charm now, thanks again :)
September 21, 2009 06:41AM
yeah, if you installed Bootmii you need the Bootmii directory, but you don't necessarily need the installer.log, however I'd leave it there for reference (and I'm a total geek so I get a kick out of being able to read the log and see what the changes were to my Wii when I hacked it)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login