Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What causes Exception errors?

Posted by easye 
What causes Exception errors?
September 18, 2009 02:09AM
-Wii purchased in 2007
-never installed a mod chip or exploit until 2 days ago (bannerbomb)
-only installed Homebrew Channel
-did not install bootmii or dvdx
-system menu 4.1
-4gb Transcend Class 6 SDHC card formatted as fat32

Problem is that even scrolling down the list of games can cause the Homebrew browser to give me exception errors. For instance, everytime I click on the Uno game to attempt an install, it will always crash. There were crashes in Super Mario War as well when there were only 2 things installed (Homebrew browser & Super Mario War).

Is the issue the SDHC card? System is my nephew's, so hopefully this crashing does not happen in the regular games because I would then have to buy him a new machine.

Thanks for helping.
Re: What causes Exception errors?
September 18, 2009 02:12AM
It might be your SDHC card, but I don't think it is.
There are many reasons this could be happening, but a lot of the time the main reason is this:

You have an external device(s) plugged in. This could be a Gamecube memory card, a disc in the drive, a gamecube controller, or a USB device (ipod, USB stick, rockband controller, etc.).

Also, make sure you're using the latest version of everything when you run an app. If your HBC version is older, and the app you're using is newer, it won't work. So basically just make sure that everything is up to date.

I hope that helps answer your questions. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 02:13AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 18, 2009 02:22AM
Thanks for the reply. Since the install was done 2 days ago, I am fairly certain that all the programs are the newest version. My nephew has nothing attached to his Wii. Only thing that might be applicable is a game inside the machine. You mean if he has a Wii game in the drive, there can be exception errors from running Homebrew?
September 18, 2009 03:17AM
I think its happened before.

Also, could you do something? When you enter the HBC, press the home button. What does it say in the upper-right hand corner?

I'm pretty sure there have been difficulties previously with downloading super mario war from the HBB. Just try downloading it manually from wiibrew.org.
September 18, 2009 03:21AM
Actually, from why I've read, SMW-Wii has not been compiled for the newest HBC. Therefore, an old app will not work with a new HBC :)
September 18, 2009 03:24AM
TopGun96
Actually, from why I've read, SMW-Wii has not been compiled for the newest HBC. Therefore, an old app will not work with a new HBC :)
Well that would be the problem then! :D

WaxyPumpkin72
Also, make sure you're using the latest version of everything when you run an app. If your HBC version is older, and the app you're using is newer, it won't work. So basically just make sure that everything is up to date.
Lol, i didn't even follow my own directions!! :P haha
September 18, 2009 07:21AM
Because I will not visit my nephew until next week, I will not be able to test the no disk theory or give you the screen info until then.

So, how does one know whether something is supposed to work in Homebrew Channel 1.0.3? Is this info mentioned in the Homebrew Browser listing or on this Wiibrew website somewhere?
September 18, 2009 09:07PM
easye
Because I will not visit my nephew until next week, I will not be able to test the no disk theory or give you the screen info until then.

So, how does one know whether something is supposed to work in Homebrew Channel 1.0.3? Is this info mentioned in the Homebrew Browser listing or on this Wiibrew website somewhere?
If the app doesn't work, it means it hasn't been compiled with the latest libraries. If you're having problems with an app in particular, you need to contact the developer.
September 19, 2009 12:43AM
I for one would like for SMW-Wii to be updated to HBC 1.0.3 as I've heard that it is awesome but never got to play it :(
September 19, 2009 04:22AM
TopGun96
I for one would like for SMW-Wii to be updated to HBC 1.0.3 as I've heard that it is awesome but never got to play it :(
It is quite awesome. Whenever I want to play it (along with wiiero), i just downgrade my HBC version by using one of the previous hackmii installers. :P lol
September 19, 2009 01:44PM
Could you not load it through LoadMii?
September 19, 2009 10:37PM
good question....
September 19, 2009 10:42PM
Who, me?

Um, i guess. But i don't want to take the time to set it up. Its easier for me to just do it the way i did it. :P
I just put the hackmii installers boot.elf/dol (whatever it is :P) as an app on the HBC, and then I run it whenever it want to play it. It works fine. :D
September 20, 2009 04:32AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Who, me?

Um, i guess. But i don't want to take the time to set it up. Its easier for me to just do it the way i did it. :P
I just put the hackmii installers boot.elf/dol (whatever it is :P) as an app on the HBC, and then I run it whenever it want to play it. It works fine. :D
hey waxy could you plz send me the old hackmii installers or are they avable online
ill pm you my email
September 20, 2009 04:46AM
They're available on the internet, probably...Just google them.
September 20, 2009 01:32PM
using loadmii would be easier than downgrading HBC every time you want to play SMW Wii. Just download LoadMii, put it in your apps folder, and run it each time you want to run SMW Wii.
September 20, 2009 06:12PM
Im on HBC 1.0.3 and SMW works like a charm :) Occasionally I get a code dump but not often
September 20, 2009 09:24PM
Really? What's your setup. (IOSs and what not)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login