Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got my Black Wii, now the n00bish questions....

Posted by doraemon69er 
Got my Black Wii, now the n00bish questions....
September 25, 2009 02:13AM
Hey fellow modders, please could u help out a brother...

1) Do I 1st need to make various files on the SD card e.g. Apps folder?
2) Which files do I put onto a SD for an app to work? (sometimes there's many files wen unzipped)
3) I fink my 1st priority is to install the Preloader app so I can unbrick my Wii if something fails, but wots the correct way to do this coz the app itself can brick my Wii & I'm scared T_T

Notes: My Wii is a Japanese NTSC-J console, I believe its 4.0J, Language is Japanese (which I can't read at all),homebrew channel install with Bootmii (which I have no idea how to use in the case of a brick or wot use it is)
Re: Got my Black Wii, now the n00bish questions....
September 25, 2009 06:53AM
1.) To run an app, you need to make a folder called "apps" on the root of your SD card , and then put the app you want to use inside it, like this:

ROOT/apps/yourapp/boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml, etc...

2.) It depends. Usually, its just a boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml. Sometimes you might need to put a data folder on the root, but it really depends on the app. It will give you specific instructions if you have more than one folder, I should think.

3.) I'm pretty sure you need to apply the ES_DIVerify patch to IOS60 for preloader to install, but I can't remember how you'd go about doing that...Could someone tell?

I hope that helps answer your questions. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 06:55AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 25, 2009 03:02PM
Thanx Waxy, much appreciated!

Now about that preloader.... Any idea guys?
September 25, 2009 06:31PM
This app says something about fixing preloader installation by patching IOS36 (I thought it was 60), and ES_Identify......You could try that.
September 25, 2009 06:39PM
You need trucha bug in IOS36 which is what that app does, but it does it in the same way as an app which isnt supported here, so I dunno if that app will be there for long. You're thinking of how to FIX preloader if you install a new IOS60 (patch ES_Identify back in, or just re-run preloader installation).

To OP: You need to get the trucha bug in IOS36, then you can install preloader. The app mentioned should work, but I'm not sure how to use it. I believe you'll need to downgrade IOS15 with it (it can do this), then use the downgraded IOS15 to install a patched IOS36. I think you should upgrade IOS15 again afterwards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login