Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Savegame extractor question

Posted by geolek 
Savegame extractor question
September 26, 2009 05:39AM
Now that I've got bannerbomb working, I've tried to use it with Savegame extractor. I read somewhere on the forum that all you need is BB and SGE on your SD card. When I run BB, then try to run Savegame, I just get a blank screen. Note that I have not installed any other work arounds or fixes, just this. I've tried it with the game in the DVD slot and with the game out. Regardless, the machine locks up and the screen goes black after running savegame. Note also that to get savegame to run, I copied both the DOL and ELF files to the root and renamed both as "boot" (boot.elf, boot.dol) to get savegame to run. Any errors I'm making? Thanks -
Re: Savegame extractor question
September 26, 2009 05:43AM
Delete all of the boot.elf/dol files on the root of your SD card. Then put just the boot.elf from the savegame extractor on the root. Run bannerbomb. Now it will load. :)

The reason it wasn't working is because you had both of the files on, and they were conflicting with eachother.
September 26, 2009 10:05PM
WaxyPumpkin, thanks much for your help. That got it to work.
Apparently, it's very tricky manipulating data in the save game files, so I'll go play with that for a while.
September 26, 2009 10:06PM
Glad I could help. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login