Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

backing up wii shop id

Posted by kibberly 
backing up wii shop id
October 01, 2009 09:28AM
i'm under the impression that if i back up my transfer.id, i'll be able to copy it to another wii and download my wii shop games through that new wii?

more or less, i'm just worried that should my wii become permanently broken, i don't want to have to pay nintendo to transfer my wii shop account to a new wii

(why couldnt they tie it to my email or CC? oh nintendo :( )

edit: i'm guessing it's not this easy because then people could just set up a bunch of wiis under the same id, and get free games from wii shop that one person bought, but i'm hopeful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 09:31AM by kibberly.
Re: backing up wii shop id
October 01, 2009 06:37PM
No, that isnt actually how it works. Nintendo imply thats how it works, but it isnt. Instead, when you donwload a WW or VC game, a "ticket" is installed on your wii, and it stays after the channel is deleted. Wii Shop Channel checks these tickets and lets you redownload any game you have a ticket for for free. So you cannot trasfer your account and then redownload games for free. However, it IS possible to transfer the license for a game (or "ticket"), but that requires the Wii Recovery Disc, or Gayfish Disc, which is an internal Nintendo disc, which can only be obtained illegaly. So, basically, be careful and try not to brick ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login