Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Repair & homebrew cleaning

Posted by resincake 
Wii Repair & homebrew cleaning
September 29, 2009 07:50AM
Hi,

I have to send my Wii to Nintendo to have the drive repaired, but before I do I need to remove all homebrew, bootmii & any custom IOS's.

I am on system Menu 4.1e , I have Cios38 Rev14, Hermes 222 & 223, and Bootmii installed as Boot1 (boot2 wasn't allowed on my Wii).

Can I just delete all my custom channels, then Any IOS above 200 with AnyTitleDeleter and then Select Format System Menu safely ? Do I also need to uninstall bootmii via the hackmii installer, and if so will that with the above procedure get my wii back to a clean, factory 4.1e wii (ie./ safe to send for repair under warranty) ?

Obviously I dont want to use the update option first, now that 4.2 is out, as I want to keep 4.1 and I believe Nintendo cant update this for me without my consent. So, If I do the procedure I mentioned above, will my Wii be a clean 4.1, withouut Bootmii & then safe to send to Nintendo ?

Thanks for any advice given on this.. :>

P.S I hope this is the correct forum for this post, too.
Re: Wii Repair & homebrew cleaning
September 29, 2009 09:49AM
1) we can not help you with your fail (cIOS and whatnot)

2) Bootmii was definitely not installed as boot1, and if it was, send your Wii to Twiizers immediately, because you just installed Bootmii onto a one time programmable chip
September 29, 2009 11:21AM
damn, why is everyone I ask for advice on cleaning homebrew off my system got a superiority complex. I havent been impolite in anyway have I ? And I dont believe I have mentioned anything to do with piracy or anything, other than admitting having a cIOS on my system after following a guide, so as people know my exact specs, as in my experience any time I have asked anything to do with the wii anywhere, the first reply is, unless you give us your specs we cant help. Peace man, jeez

Boot 1 is my error in speaking, I obviously mean installed as IOS.

All I want to know basically is, If I use the hackmii installer and Anytitledeleter, then do a system format, will my Wii but sufficiently clear of Homebrew so that Nintendo will repair it under warranty ? Or if anyone as any experience with doing just this ?

thanks for any replies that offer advice.
September 29, 2009 08:18PM
Delete cIOSes with AnyTitleDeleter and BootMii using HackMii Installer. And yes, I'm afraid that when you get your Wii back, it will be updated with 4.2
October 02, 2009 09:49AM
Thx Matoking, that answered my questions ..

:>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login