Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anti brick apps

Posted by dan3008 
anti brick apps
October 05, 2009 12:02AM
ok, i know that preloder is a good start but are there any other anti bricking aps tha i can put onto a wii o hlp prevent bicking, and do any of these clash 9if so what is the best comination) . and how do you doa bakup of a wii? is it just a nand dump?

--edit--
what is bst to use to do a backup nand dump?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2009 12:04AM by dan3008.
Re: anti brick apps
October 05, 2009 12:24AM
Bootmii installed as boot2 will provide the best brick protection possible, however, the IOS version is almost useless. You can use it to make and restore a NAND backup.
October 05, 2009 04:58PM
thanks, and will that work since i allready have preloader installed? and i want to make a NAND backup befor installing it just incase ther eis an error. what can i use to do that.
October 05, 2009 08:08PM
bootmii as boot2 will work if you have preloader installed, and don't worry about errors during the installation of bootmii to boot2, I don't think I've ever heard a report of someone getting bricked by bootmii

EDIT: I worded what I said wrong, you SHOULD worry about errors, but I've never heard of someone getting said errors during installtation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2009 04:49AM by cactusjack901.
October 05, 2009 09:00PM
Bootmii is the program that you use to make a NAND backup, but it must be installed first. It is safe to install.
October 06, 2009 07:26AM
ok thanks. I will give it a go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login