Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inverse HBC - Issue

Posted by Starlord 
Inverse HBC - Issue
October 10, 2009 01:28PM
Hi @ll,

Just want to update my Wii from 4.1 to 4.2, cause I wanted to download Lost Winds 2 from the Wii Shop.
I used Waninkokos Firmware Updater 4.2, cause I feared to lose my Homebrew Channel after a normal update.
After the update, I started the Homebrew channel and the whole channel was inverse.
So I googled the reason why the Homebrew Channel is displaying wrong (I thought there was an error with the update).
But the reasons are different cIOS versions, cIOSCORP, the Trunchu bug or piracy. But I never used things like that.
The only thing I use is cIOS rev8 for some Homebrew Apps, and I am not the only one who has this problem.

Now I am pissed cause I updated to 4.2 to buy a game legally and get punished from the homebrew channel.
Anyway. The Homebrew Channel is great, but the method to stop piracy is very questionable, cause you punish people which are using the homebrew channel just for freeware / opensource apps.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:21PM by Starlord.
Re: Inverse HBC - Issue
October 10, 2009 01:47PM
Maybe you shouldn't have used Waninkoko crap and ran dop-IOS MOD to install IOS 70.
October 10, 2009 02:07PM
metroid_maniac
Maybe you shouldn't have used Waninkoko crap and ran dop-IOS MOD to install IOS 70.

That's why I am so pissed. This was the first (and last) time I trust/used Waninkokos Firmware updater.

Now I wanna "repair" the homebrew channel with dop-IOS but it's not working on 4.2.
I dunno if firmware downgrades are available @ 4.2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:08PM by Starlord.
October 10, 2009 02:09PM
NEVER downgrade either. Try to restore the Trucha Bug (can't tell you how here) and do it. Or just re-install HBC.
October 10, 2009 02:13PM
But if I reinstall the HBC the issue will stay (cause the Truncha Bug in IOS 61 is still there).

I am thinking of downloading IOS61 from the NUS Downloader and install it with the wad manager.
Dop IOS is hanging up, if I want to install the correct IOS. -.-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:13PM by Starlord.
October 10, 2009 02:19PM
Yeah, just get a WAD of IOS61 using NUSD and install it with WAD Manager, that'll make HBC work fine.
October 10, 2009 02:31PM
THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NUSD and Wadmanager 1.5 worked.

Just 2 things which you can use from waninkoko are the wad manager and cios. -.-
this is my lesson for today.

Another thing and I hope somebody can answer this question.
Does waninkokos firmware updater 4.2 affect other IOS?
How can I get the "normal firmware" without losing HC, if waninkokos updater really affect more than IOS61?
If I am updating to the next firmware sometime will the customized IOS be overwrite?

I don't want Cioscorp, truncha bug signed ios or anything (piracy stuff) like that on my system. That's why I am asking.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:45PM by Starlord.
October 10, 2009 02:54PM
waninkoko's cIOS is not supported here either. niether is waninkoko himself.
October 10, 2009 03:04PM
I know this community isn't supporting these things.
I just want to know if i have to change some IOS/channels after his strange update to get a "clean" system. :(
It's a pity, that nobody can help here.

But thanks again, for solving the issue.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 03:32PM by Starlord.
October 12, 2009 03:12AM
Out of curiosity if you wanted to use the Wii Shop Channel, couldn't you just have used WiiSCU? I used it to upgrade mine, and I could access mine fine?
October 12, 2009 11:53PM
I can't get WiiSCU to update the Shop Channel on my 3.4U Wii. The only thing I've installed is HBC, DVDx and BootMii as IOS via the newest HackMii installer. I tried the other update installer listed in the Wiki but still no luck. Now I'm trying to read up on how to use NUSD to download what I need from the update servers but the process still hasn't settled in my brain yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login