Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uninstalling...

Posted by mdiazr 
uninstalling...
September 19, 2009 02:48AM
hi im new on this and i have 1 question :
how i can uninstall all the stuff installed with hackmii installer (HBC, DVDx, Bootmii)?
plz reply me and sry for my bad english :S
Re: uninstalling...
September 19, 2009 03:08AM
You can press the uninstall button in the hackmii installer...
September 19, 2009 09:53AM
I would recommend you keep Bootmii/Boot2 if you have it.
October 13, 2009 03:20AM
Hey all! I'm new here, so please bear with me...... I bought a Wii from my Nephew yesterday. When he brought it to me, me mentioned that it was homebrewed. I would like to get the system back to factory specs so I can update it. I don't have the SD card he used, so I'm not sure what to do. Any help will be GREAT!! Thanks in advance.

I noticed an option to "Format Wii system memory". Would this help?
Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 03:28AM by Chernabog.
October 13, 2009 03:59AM
If you want to you could format it, and it would delete all of the miis, saves, and shop purchases that your nephew made.Is that what you want?

I would suggest keeping the HBC, though. There are lots of things you can do with it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 04:00AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 13, 2009 04:23AM
I would like to be able to update or use the shop channel(I get the update message) to get the internet browser. To be honest, I don't see myself using Homebrew much, if at all.
October 13, 2009 04:36AM
You can still use the shop channel:

[wiibrew.org]

Also, browse through this page, you might find something you're interested in:

[www.wiibrew.org]
October 13, 2009 05:16PM
Chernabog
Hey all! I'm new here, so please bear with me...... I bought a Wii from my Nephew yesterday. When he brought it to me, me mentioned that it was homebrewed. I would like to get the system back to factory specs so I can update it.
You can update the system without removing homebrew. Most likely, the update will remove the homebrew for you.

Also, take a peek here: [www.wiibrew.org] And look at all of the things you can do with homebrew before you decide to uninstall it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 05:17PM by Arikado.
October 13, 2009 07:16PM
Arikado
Chernabog
Hey all! I'm new here, so please bear with me...... I bought a Wii from my Nephew yesterday. When he brought it to me, me mentioned that it was homebrewed. I would like to get the system back to factory specs so I can update it.
You can update the system without removing homebrew. Most likely, the update will remove the homebrew for you.

Also, take a peek here: [www.wiibrew.org] And look at all of the things you can do with homebrew before you decide to uninstall it.

Thanks for the replies! Homebrew is a pretty cool setup. It is just something I won't use. I really want to update the system, but I'm afraid of bricking the Wii. I'm beginning to think I just should have bought a brand new one. Has anyone here had a problem with updating? Thanks again!
October 13, 2009 08:45PM
Don't update to 4.2: there are reports of bricks from people who don't have homebrew. 4.2 is the only update that Nintendo will let you update to.
October 13, 2009 10:52PM
The chances of bricking your Wii are next to none. Like all updates, these brick reports are from people who were messing with the power cord while updating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 10:52PM by Arikado.
October 14, 2009 02:21AM
Sorry if I keep harping on this. Please be patient with me.....
If I do a reformat I know I will lose everything. But... will it get rid of all all traces of homebrew?
I loaded the wiiscu file, but when it started to install, the disclaimer that came up made me reluctant to do it, so I backed out. I know everyone says the update is useless, but I would still like to do it. I'm just afraid of suddenly having a Nintendo doorstop!
I've been console gaming since the beginning. My first system was a Magnavox Odyssey. I still have it! Works great! I've owned many systems, and have never been as frustrated as I am now.
October 14, 2009 02:32AM

I know everyone says the update is useless, but I would still like to do it. I'm just afraid of suddenly having a Nintendo doorstop!

Well actually i would hold off on updating if i was you. There is a very small chance that you will brick due to Ninty's lack of testing on the installation of one of the boot process files. But there is still a chance of bricking even for people that have never even modified their console in any way. So there is a chance from just updating that you could have a pretty expensive door-stop.

If I do a reformat I know I will lose everything. But... will it get rid of all all traces of homebrew?

I believe so. However, you would lose all of your data even shop channel purchases. You couldn't get those back for free either.... (you would have to buy them again)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login